TechSpot

Buffer Overrun Detected when trying to run Star Wars: Battlefront

By pest4422
Mar 20, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When i try to load Star Wars: Battlefront i get the following error message during the loading screen:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Buffer Overrun Detected!

Program:...star Wars Battlefront\Gamedata\Battlefront.exe
    A Buffer Overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.

I have run adaware and spybot in safe mode and deleted all the files it finds. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the game about 3 times with the same result. I'll attach a copy of my hijack this log.

Attached Files:

2. fishhookz

fishhookz TS Rookie Posts: 177

Are you overclocking the pc?

does your pc meet or exceed the sys. req.?

3. dgower2

dgower2 TS Maniac Posts: 340

What is your computer name?

4. pest4422

pest4422 TS Rookie Topic Starter

PC Name?

Why would you want to know my pc name?

Anyway, i ran my antivirus software and reinstalled the game and it is working now.

Thanks for the answers though. :)

5. dgower2

dgower2 TS Maniac Posts: 340

Because I found an article stating that if you use a long name (31+ characters), it can cause the problem you were having.

6. crowman121

crowman121 TS Rookie

ffs

ye it keeps happening to me aswell ive installed my game around 10 times now and i still havnt got it working buffer overrun thingy and i tried a virus scan then installing again but it still wont work!!!!! and my pc meets all rtequirements aswell

7. 916dave

916dave TS Rookie

this same thing is happening to me. Ive run my virus scan (mcafee) and have also run adaware & spybot. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game several times, then deleting any folders left over. Any other ideas?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.