Buffer Overrun Detected when trying to run Star Wars: Battlefront

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I try to load Star Wars: Battlefront I get the following error message during the loading screen:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Buffer Overrun Detected!

Program:...star Wars Battlefront\Gamedata\Battlefront.exe
A Buffer Overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.

I have run adaware and spybot in safe mode and deleted all the files it finds. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the game about 3 times with the same result. I'll attach a copy of my hijack this log.

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 10
PC Name?

Why would you want to know my pc name?

Anyway, i ran my antivirus software and reinstalled the game and it is working now.

Thanks for the answers though. :)

Because I found an article stating that if you use a long name (31+ characters), it can cause the problem you were having.

ffs

ye it keeps happening to me aswell ive installed my game around 10 times now and i still havnt got it working buffer overrun thingy and i tried a virus scan then installing again but it still wont work!!!!! and my pc meets all rtequirements aswell

this same thing is happening to me. Ive run my virus scan (mcafee) and have also run adaware & spybot. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game several times, then deleting any folders left over. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back