BUG CHECK in WindowsXP Media Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

I've seen this forum pop up many times in the past and always thought the assistance with the Windows Minidumps that your members provide has been amazing, and now I am finding a need for some assistance myself.

I am working on a newly built system for a customer that is becoming a real problem. It runs and runs for long periods of time, but if let run overnight it will eventually bluescreen.

We have tried 3 mainboards (two of the same, one different), different matched memory pairs, onboard video/video card etc, and still having constant problems. I am so sick of reloading this machine.

Please find attached a Windows Minidump. If anyone can make any sense of it, and if it can point us in the right direction, that would just be amazing.

Thanks in advance,

-Brad

p.s. If you require any more information about the system, just let me know. I will be near this computer / forum / thread most of the day, I should reply quickly! :)

More minidumps help when doing an analysis but from the one you supplied it points to dxg.sys which is a Windows DirectX Graphics Driver.

In researching this issue another person gave this advice (perhaps it might help):

I would do all your Windows updates (including of course the latest DirectX).
And it might be a good idea to run System File Checker. You'll need your Windows CD. Click Start-Run and type sfc /scannow. This will replace any corrupt files in Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back