Bug in System Specs Feature

mailpup

TS Special Forces
Whenever I edit one of my posts, immediately after I cannot click on my System Specs. It doesn't respond. I have to refresh the screen or leave the thread and then come back. It's just the edited post that does not allow me to click my System Specs. I can click on System Specs in any previous posts by me or others in the thread and get the drop down list, just not the one I just edited.

It's not a big problem but I just wanted to bring it to someone's attention since I'm sure someone like Julio has nothing better to do than fix it. :)

Hi mailpup, not really a bug but I guess it has to do with how AJAX handles the posting and what information it passes at the time of executing the query.

If you reload the post in your browser this won't happen (won't be an issue).
Thanks for bringing this up though :)

Okay. Thanks for the info. I did discover that reloading clears it.

While we're on the matter, is it possible for the system specs tab to show the specs for multiple computer if the user has filled in more than one ?

It could be possible but quite unpractical if people start adding more than one set of specs and the pops become huge and page load times increase as a result.

What we could do though is add a "more" link if there is more than one system spec added.

Well I think there's only room for two sets of system specs so it would be at most two. :p

If it's unpractical you can leave it as is. :)

Back