TechSpot

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER BSOD whenever i use my usb pen drive

By Jono91
Nov 8, 2005
  1. Hi,
    I have had a blue screen problem for a while but this one has just started happening recently. It happens whenever I plug in my USB Pen Drive. A Blue Screen comes up and says something like this:

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

0X000000FE (0X00000005, 0X86553OEO, 0X11063104, 0X8621A840)

(And sometimes it says: usbuhci.sys)

I have upgraded to SP2, I have upgraded the BIOS, run memtest and run the power consumption caculator.

My System Specs are:
    MSI PX8-Neo-V mobo
    Celeron 2.6Ghz CPU
    1GB DDR333 RAM
    GeForce FX 5500 256Mb
    80Gb Seagate HD
    LG DVD-RW Drive

I have attached some minidumps. Please help!!

2. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Rookie Posts: 2,044

Hi,

This is hardware problem andt the module list is corrupt. Probably it is fauty ram or inadequate power supply. You had better report the problem to microsoft and ask why the module list is corrupted.

3. Jono91

Jono91 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 58

I looked around the Microsoft site and it's a little confusing. Can you tell me how to report this problem to microsoft and what I am actually telling them. thanks. :)

4. cpc2004

5. cpc2004

Status Update

Hi,

Do you have any update from Microsoft?

6. Jono91

Jono91 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 58

I haven't talked to microsoft yet but i did some tests with my ram and put some of my friends ram in and it worked fine. so i have ordered some new ram. thankyou very much for your help cpc2004. :giddy:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.