Build a Gaming Computer

Hi all,

I want to build the new gaming computer with average specification to play the games like GTA, Battelfield, Warcraft etc. my buget is around 1000$.. all suggetions are welcomed.....

At 1k hmm, challenge accepted however since I don;t see a location im going to assume US based on the fact you said $1000:

i5 4670k 239.99
MSI Z87 Gaming LGA 1150 139.99
Gskill Ares DDR3 1600 8gb 2x4gb 76.99
BitFenix Shinobi Mid Tower 69.99
Seagate Barracuda 1tb 7200RPM 64.99
Rosewill Hive 550Watt Bronze 59.99
Asus DVD Drive 18.99
EVGA ACX GTX 770 Superclocked 2gb GDDR5 344.99
Corsair Hydro Series H75 Liquid Cooler 79.99

This will give you alot of performance for around 1k and allow for some decent overclocking if you want to.

At 1k hmm, challenge accepted however since I don;t see a location im going to assume US based on the fact you said $1000:

i5 4670k 239.99
MSI Z87 Gaming LGA 1150 139.99
Gskill Ares DDR3 1600 8gb 2x4gb 76.99
BitFenix Shinobi Mid Tower 69.99
Seagate Barracuda 1tb 7200RPM 64.99
Rosewill Hive 550Watt Bronze 59.99
Asus DVD Drive 18.99
EVGA ACX GTX 770 Superclocked 2gb GDDR5 344.99
Corsair Hydro Series H75 Liquid Cooler 79.99

This will give you alot of performance for around 1k and allow for some decent overclocking if you want to.
Those are some nice specs, besides the EVGA, as they can be less reliable than most, I'd recommend buying an MSI or an actual Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2gb superclocked GDDR5 instead, as EVGA can be not as reliable than most of the people who use Nvidia's chipset.

In saying this, by official Nvidia GeForce GTX770 I mean an OEM from Nvidia themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are some nice specs, besides the EVGA, as they can be less reliable than most, I'd recommend buying an MSI or an actual Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2gb superclocked GDDR5 instead, as EVGA can be not as reliable than most of the people who use Nvidia's chipset.

In saying this, by official Nvidia GeForce GTX770 I mean an OEM from Nvidia themselves.
I don't know where you got that idea, but thats fine there are plenty of other retailers making cards of similar style like gigabyte, Msi, asus, etc. I would say to try and stick with that range with the game choices you provided.

I like the build a lot. If it were me, there would be just a couple small changes I would make.
I'd pick the Gigabyte UD3 for a similar price, a Rosewill Capstone gold, a high end air cooler, and the white version of the bitfenix shinobi.
Also I think you can find a bit quicker RAM for the same price if you look for deals.

I think Ghost provided a great foundation. However, I think we should see if OP has his peripherals and OS out of the way. Because, in the event he'll need those too, it will definitely mean reworking the build. So, @johnkarter, do you have all peripherals already? (Mouse,Keyboard,Monitor,OS..etc)

I think Ghost provided a great foundation. However, I think we should see if OP has his peripherals and OS out of the way. Because, in the event he'll need those too, it will definitely mean reworking the build. So, @johnkarter, do you have all peripherals already? (Mouse,Keyboard,Monitor,OS..etc)
As far as the mouse, keyboard, OS, and monitor is concerned I normally assume they have already unless they mention "This has to include the following". But your right the build would have to have some serious adjustments if those were needed.

Back