Build advice needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trancidonia

sup,
being here for a while just to reads in order to keep my old pc in shape and old as in 5 to 6 years old.. old dang machine causing lots of problem

but i'm gonna build a new one soon
just wanna know how cha guys think of it

Mobo p5N32E-SLi 650
CPU Core 2 Duo E6600
GPU Winfast 8800GTX
HD 2x Western Digital 320/400
Case Coolermaster 832
Ram Corsair Twin2x 2048-6400 2gb
Pow Coolermaster Extreme Power 650w
Sound Creative xFi Xtreame

i prolly posted this at the wrong places but where to post this anyway, hope you guys guide me tru this places.. be happy to be here since i did learn something new over the past few months lol

nah, not for now, i'm going to use it as a working platform and a semi-gaming and entertainment thing, but who knows, i might get influence by my bro who cloaks like crazy

well that board doesnt overclock well if u do intend do, but if you're not worried about that then everything looks pretty good

Hi Trancidonia, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

Please be sure to read the guide in my signature and to search the Web and the TS forums before posting any questions. It would also help if you would fill out your computer's specs in your user profile.

Enjoy your stay at TS!

Regards :)

Y halo thar everyone :D and i'm feeling pretty gooood thanks for asking and such....

I just bought a Core 2 Quad 6600 recently(an hour ago) and i have not yet buy the mother board yet since the Asus P5N32E-SLi 680i is out of stock and for some reason the shopkeepers hints me that these mobos along with the P5NE SLi 650i are a little problematic and a little iffy(they got it in stock coz it was warantee'd?)...

i wonder what you guys have in mind...
and i also hope that you guys can give me some recommendation on what motherboard i should get tho i'm looking for something that costs almost around the price of the 680i or something that is reasonable...

let's just say i'm looking for something that's perfect for the brain calls Quad
i'd seen the ASUS Striker Extreme it's a little bit too much for me tho, but anyway i would like to hear from you guys and see what you guys have to say coz i might change my mind.

i bought the Core 2 Quad 6600
Winfast 8800GTx
two Western Digitals 320gb HD
the CM Extream Power 650
and the CM Stacker 832
pretty happy with the price tho and the shopkeeper was helpful enough :3, he even trolleyed the huge CM box to my car which is like a few blocks away from the building and refused the tips which i was looking forward to give for being helpful.

Now i'm looking forward for a good reasonable, workable and hopefully perfect Mobo, a twin pair of Corsair's ram which i was confused over the names(shud i get the 2048-6400 2gb C4 or the dominator instead, they both look pretty same to me though.)

gonna get a Pioneer(18x Aluminium) DVD rewriter which i hope it works on reading both DVD and VCD or normal CD, a Kingston Digital Traveler 4gb Pendrive and prolly some cooler from CF soon...

hmm i wonder , which one shud i get for the mouse, the Microsoft's IntelliMouse3.0? or the Logitech's MT 518, i'm not really into games anymore but more into websurfing...

p.s.
i've being asking experienced friends for opinions and reading reviews from websites to websites, from official companies reviews to forums(such as ocbenchworks/hardwarezones etc). i think i have problem with choice-making tho and i would love to hear from you guys ;D

plus you guys're the pro.

[edit]
They ran out of the rams that i want, so brother of mine susgest me to get a normal 667 1gb kingston 5300, but seems like they ran out of that too so i basically has four corsair 667 1gb 5300

the reviews in the internet for intellimouse doesn't seems promising so i got myself a Logitech MX-518, eventho i got ripped off for like 7 bucks i think
got meself a thermal paste which i just found out that i need it onces i got the motherboard, heard that stock paste is suck. and since me bro just helped me and cut down the price and stuff by 500 bucks, i had extras for GeminII, hmm i prolly need to get more fans i think, and bout sound card... gonna use the stock instead kekekkee... <3333 i'm gonna be pretty happy bout my new pc which i'm going to build right now xDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back