TechSpot

Building a comp for a friend, a little question!

By Nirkon
Oct 2, 2007
  1. Hi guys, I built a computer for a friend, he says he wants a good gaming machine, I have a budget of up to 5500NIS (israeli shekels, things are a lot more expensive here!).

my question is, he wants a good gaming machine that will also run everything else (programs, movie making programs, and such...)

So under that budget, what do you think is better -
    C2D 6750 + 8800GTS 320, OR Quad Core Q6600 and a lesser graphics card (that means a card for (!EDIT!) 100 bucks less, lol I wrote 200 bucks instead of 100 bucks..)

I'd go for the first option! how about you guys?

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,626   +320

C2D 6750 + 8800GTS 320. It will game fine, and you likely won't be using quad processing in much of anything during the life span of the computer.

3. Nirkon

Nirkon TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 243

thanks, thats what I thought, by the way will there be a good performance change? because the 6750 is 1333mhz and the q6600 is 1066...

4. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 718

Gaming hasn't really become part of the quadcore technology yet. Also that 6750 will overclock to a faster speed which will assist in the gaming. The 8800 GTS is a good choice. I am using one and it can handle a lot.

5. Nirkon

Nirkon TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 243

no overclocking though, they don't know anything about it, and I wouldn't want to break their warranty.

im also using a 8800gts right now lol.. but I have a E6600...
    i bought it a while ago...

but as of right now? no game performance changes?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.