Building a comp for a friend, a little question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirkon

Hi guys, I built a computer for a friend, he says he wants a good gaming machine, I have a budget of up to 5500NIS (israeli shekels, things are a lot more expensive here!).

my question is, he wants a good gaming machine that will also run everything else (programs, movie making programs, and such...)

So under that budget, what do you think is better -
C2D 6750 + 8800GTS 320, OR Quad Core Q6600 and a lesser graphics card (that means a card for (!EDIT!) 100 bucks less, lol I wrote 200 bucks instead of 100 bucks..)

I'd go for the first option! how about you guys?

C2D 6750 + 8800GTS 320. It will game fine, and you likely won't be using quad processing in much of anything during the life span of the computer.

thanks, thats what I thought, by the way will there be a good performance change? because the 6750 is 1333mhz and the q6600 is 1066...

Gaming hasn't really become part of the quadcore technology yet. Also that 6750 will overclock to a faster speed which will assist in the gaming. The 8800 GTS is a good choice. I am using one and it can handle a lot.

no overclocking though, they don't know anything about it, and I wouldn't want to break their warranty.

im also using a 8800gts right now lol.. but I have a E6600...
i bought it a while ago...

but as of right now? no game performance changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back