Building a computer witth a mini-ATX tower

benmenftw

I might be building a new computer soon, I am wondering if these parts will go well together:

Motherboard: BIOSTAR H61ML LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
tower:LIAN LI PC-A05NB Black Aluminum ATX Mini Tower Computer Case
Video card: EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1452-RX GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Memory: CORSAIR 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMV8GX3M2A1333C9
monitor: Hanns-G HW-173ABB Black 17" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 600:1 @ 1440x900
Power Supply: Hanns-G HW-173ABB Black 17" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 600:1
Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 Sandy Bridge 2.8GHz (3.1GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52300

If any part in here is not compatible please tell me and point me in the direction of a compatible part if you can. I do need the tower everything else can be changed.

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Typo: you listed the monitor twice, once under PSU, Otherwise those parts look fine however even though it is a minitower due to the front mounted power supply that case will support a full ATX motherboard. I would personally recommend a Full ATX motherboard since they offer much more expansion. This is a good option and only costs slightly more, Although If you go with something like this you will get SATA 6gbps, USB 3.0, more memory slots, and a faster chipset.

Also Biostar motherboards are ok but far from the best try to look for boards from Gigabyte, ASUS, or MSI.

Thank you I just bought a laptop but it is having problems so if they allow refunds I would like a mini PC rather than a lappy as they can have more power for less money. If things work out I will either order one from avadirect or order parts and build one myself.

Will this work if the tower is a:SILVERSTONE Sugo Series SG06BB-450 ALL Black Aluminum / SECC Mini-ITX Desktop Computer Case with SFX 450W 80+ Bronze Certified / Single +12V rail Power Supply

Rather than the one I have?

Will this work if the tower is a:SILVERSTONE Sugo Series SG06BB-450 ALL Black Aluminum / SECC Mini-ITX Desktop Computer Case with SFX 450W 80+ Bronze Certified / Single +12V rail Power Supply

Rather than the one I have?

you would have to go to a mini-itx motherboard which will severely limit your expansion options (most have only 1 PCIE x16 slot and no other slots) and you may have cooling issues with the GTS450 in a case that small.

Well I will find out if I am getting it soon but recently a made a new build that shaves off 100$, tell me what you think:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-H67N-USB3-B3 LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

Memory: CORSAIR 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMV8GX3M2A1333C9

Video card: Sapphire AMD Radeon hd 6870 1 GB

CPU: Intel Core i5 2300 @ 2.8 Ghz with turbo boost up to 3.1

Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD7502AAEX 750GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163169

This is for 803$, tell me if I need to order any other parts because I have never built a computer before so maybe I am missing something. Or if there are better parts out there for less tell me please. Also if you know if all of these parts are compatible tell me. Other comments/advice on the build would be helpful too. Thank you and have a nice day!

Yeah I forgot to factor in the cost of buying an OS, so I downgraded the gpu to a Gigabyte geforce gtx 260 and the ram is one stick of 4 GB 1333 kingston ram. Still a solid machine when you consider the size of it and that the build is under 850$.

If cost is a factor you might want to consider this case it is only slightly larger than the one you linked, supports a micro-ATX motherboard and even with a good modular power supply (a modular psu is a must in a case that size) like this it should still be about $60 cheaper then the case you linked

I'd also go with a Radeon 6770 for a card in the ~$100/$120 price range the 260gtx is a powerful card but it is a dx10 dinosaur; aside from its lack of dx11 support it is also very inefficient, power hungry, and hot running all of which is very bad for a small form factor case.

Ok I am actually going to switch to the 6770 but I really need the compact size so it can fit in bags easily and allow me to travel without it being a major inconvenience.

Hey it turned out there is a 15% restocking fee on refunds, but they allowed me to get 800$ worth of parts to put into a new new system. I got all the parts I needed and I just finished building the computer. I got a 4850 gpu, that I plan on upgrading to a gtx 460 or gtx 550 sometime in the next 12 months. I got a core 2 quad q8400 @ 2.66 ghz, but can be safely overclocked to 3 ghz. I also threw in 4 GB of RAM. The tower is small but not as small as the sugos 7 I was looking at. overall I think it has potential but it may need an overclock and a new video card.

Thank you for the help though! Now I know what parts I should get for the upgrades I will be doing sometime soon!

Back