Building a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluescreenNoob

Hi everybody,

I'm getting a new computer next month and was wondering if I should buy the parts at www.newegg.com? Also was wondering if any of you could list a good build for a pure gaming computer. I'm not planning on overclocking. My price range is around 1000 - 1500. :grinthumb

Purchasing at NewEgg would be a great idea. Post the links to the parts of the system before you buy so we can critique it. That way you won't end up paying too much for too little.

I'd recommend shopping around. While Newegg does have good prices, there is always a better deal to be found. the key is to find enough good deals at one place. You might end up buying from a couple of different places but can save you money, which means you might be able to get a little more for the money. You also want to be careful and watch the shipping costs. That is where some good deals end up not being so good.

Originally posted by StormBringer
I'd recommend shopping around. While Newegg does have good prices, there is always a better deal to be found. the key is to find enough good deals at one place. You might end up buying from a couple of different places but can save you money, which means you might be able to get a little more for the money. You also want to be careful and watch the shipping costs. That is where some good deals end up not being so good.

Between their prices and free shipping on CPUs, most video cards, memory and hard disks... There's really no reason to look anywhere else.

EVEN if you do find a better deal, it might cost you a few dollars extra. :) I'd rather just order it all from one company.

Feel free to look around, but I doubt you will find better deals.

Originally posted by Rick
Feel free to look around, but I doubt you will find better deals.

I built my system for about $1200 and its damn nice and has been modded quiet a bit plus little extras like new ATA cables, etc.
Though that $1200 isn't factoring in the shipping that I paid for everything. I bought some off NewEgg, some off Ebay, some off FrozenCPU.com, 2 things off maincomp.com (bad place.. will never buy there again)....

though like everyone is saying, I think if you factored in shipping I would have come out cheaper buying it all at once from NewEgg.com... I had to buy it all several peices at a time due to finances though. That's the only problem. If you have the money to buy everything at once then heck yea I'd say get everything from NewEgg.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back