Building a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderguy2112

I'm building my first computer, how does everything look?

* Cpu/Heatsink
* Mobo
* RAM
* PSU
* Case (with fans
* Wireless PCI adapter (I have to go wireless
* I already have a keyboard
* I already have a mouse
* I already have a monitor
* I already have two IDE HD's
* OS - Ubuntu Linux

Alright; so there it is... does everything look compatible? Am I missing anything? How hard will the cpu be to install (Will I have to use that "glue" stuff for the installtion?). I know I didn't choose a video card, and I know I should upgrade to Serial-ATA HD's, but I'm on a low budget here, I will upgrade later.

Thank you,
FenderGuy2112

You didn't list any optical drives. Keep in mind that you will have to use SATA optical drives since your two IDE hard drives will occupy the lone IDE (PATA) controller on the motherboard. Alternately, you can probably use adapters.

The CPU just drops in and you lock it down. You definitely need to use thermal compound for heat transference between the CPU and the heatsink.

You know, it would have been much nicer if you would have taken the extra 30 seconds and copy pasted what those products were with those links. I don't want to come into a thread (and I'm sure others don't either) where you ask for an opinion, and then make us jump through 6 hoops to see what you are building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back