TechSpot

Building a Gaming computar

By Ben Whitmore
Jul 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, my name is Ben and I was informed today that a gaming computar is much cheaper to build than to buy. I'm pretty sure I have a monitor (Its a modern TV, if you could clarify that it is that would be great). I wish to play games like the upcoming battlefield 4, games like that. I also want to play minecraft, battlefield3, runescape, total war, and some others. I wish to have medium graphics, a good speed, and some memory for school work too. If you could help me out that would be great! ( sorry for my grammar)

Also, my budget is 800-1200

And im sorry I have no idea where to start, this will be my first build. :)

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,058   +918

With a $1200 budget, you can easily run the games at very high settings. This is what I recommend:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K
    Motherboard: ASUS Z87-K
    CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB
    SSD: OCZ Vector 128GB
    HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
    GPU: EVGA GTX 760
    PSU: Corsair HX650
    Case: Your choice, but the Corsair 200R is a very functional and cost effective case.

The build above brings you to about $1100 (with the Corsair 200R). If you want a bigger SSD, just buy the 256GB version for about $100 more.

Do you need peripherals like a mouse and keyboard? Also, do you need a copy of Windows 7 or 8?

3. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,475   +624

Hey JC, you're missing some stuff there. :D

4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,058   +918

I always have a feeling I am missing something xD. Usually it is the SSD/HDD.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.