Building a gaming computer

Hello Everyone,

I have recently decided to build my own desktop and I am looking for some advice. I know what I am doing from the putting it together perspective, but I am currently trying to buy the pieces and parts and I am a bit stuck. Money is not really an issue, but I would rather not spend hundreds of extra dollars on materials that are so far advanced that I will never use them to their full potential and in doing so waste money. The list below is what I am currently looking at picking up.

Antec DF-85 Black ATX Full Tower Computer Case

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM x2

ASUS ENGTX580 DCII/2DIS/1536MD5 GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

ASUS Xonar DS 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Audio Card

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

High Current Pro HCP-750 750W TX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

That is the entire rig. I would like to be able to play games such as Starcraft II and WoW on the highest graphics possible flawlessly. Anything over and above that I probably won't utilize so I'm not so worried about it. Let me know what I can downsize or where I can cut corners.

Thanks Everyone.

Personally, for the case I would look at the HAF X or Silverstone Raven RV02.

Also, I agree with Skystar on the i5 2500K being a better deal. Get the cheaper CPU and invest in a better motherboard.

For the PSU, I would go with THIS

Back