Building a new system. Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaesu

So, once I get my school monies I'm upgrading. However, I can't really decide on what to get because pci-e is replacing agp and I JUST got my 9800 pro agp not 6 months ago.

So, all I'm replacing for now is the mobo, memory, and processor. I may also do the graphics card. Not sure yet, that depends on the mobo.

I own an A7N8X Deluxe. Great board. Great gaming computer for what I had to spend. ASUS is great but they only have 2 choices for a 939 AMD chip. I have an Nforce 2 chipset, which has been good to me. So,

Nforce 4 SLi any good?

What about Nforce 4 Ultra?

What about the KT800 chipset from via?

If I got ASUS i have to buy the SLi for the nforce4 chipset. Anyone with expierence with these boards let me know. I'm looking for reviews on 939 boards only, since one board a manufactuer may be great while their next product may suck.

DFI Lanparty boards? If you have one let me know.

Abits?

MSI looks scarey... but if you want to vouche for them let me know.

ASUS?

Any other board anyone wants to mention for 939 AMD's go right ahead.

MEMORY- 3200 Dual Channel

I own Samsung, which has served me well. I'm looking for a two pack to equal 1GB. I have to have at least that since games are taking at least 256MB.

OCZ? http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...0&depa=1&CMP=BAC-lanaddict&ATT=oczpc32002x512 Do I really need all that? Or can I get any ram from OCZ and it be great for gaming?

Cosair?Let me know what 3200 Dual Channel Ram you recommend.

Any other brand? I will not buy off brand as I've seen the lack of performance. Samsung and Toshiba ram has served me in the past. So name brands only.

PROCESSOR! AMD 64

Yeah no intel of course. I was looking into the 939 3200, but if you recommend something else that doesn't cost FX style let me know. If I could afford an FX I wouldn't even be asking.

gigabyte has a rather attractive line for the 939 platform, nforce4 chipset, sata ii, and ieee1394b. see thier site for further details. when buying a hdd get an sata ii one, it will be worth the wait.

As far as RAM goes i have two sticks of Kingston HyperX 3200 512. You may also consider Mushkin. Good luck with the build

Sean

P.S. I have a P4 and i am proud!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back