DDR2 512MB 533MHz DIMM
ONBOARD VIDEO

At startup I get no
beeps
I do cet the CPU fan and all the lites on keyboard stay on
I hooked uo the 20 pin and the 4 pin conector to MB power

what is problem , memory?

thanks

Do you have a spare video card lying around that you could use? I don't really think the problem is in the RAM, but I could be wrong :)
It sounds like a video problem, but I can't be sure.
Cheers

Sounds like your problem is the computer not being able to boot (no beeps...), and it's not a video problem. It could be anything from a blown Power supply to a fried motherboard.

I don't think it's a video problem because: the only reason your computer "will not display video" is because it does not boot up properly. The only reason the screen stays blank when you press the power button is because it does not boot up.

However I am also unsure of the real culprit of your problem. Inability for a PC to boot-up is a problem that is hard to diagnose. Wait for a few others to share their opinions before you take my word for it.

Good luck

Things to try:
1) Ensure you have the 20/24 pin ATX and individual 12v/4-pin plugs in their respective motherboard connectors correct. You do have both the ATX and 12v CPU plugs inserted, correct?
2) Ensure you have memory seated and in the proper slots. Try re-arranging memory as well or see if you can run single stick configurations (based on your motherboard booklet) for testing a possible memory problem.
3) Find the clear CTR or cmos jumper. Again, see your motherboard manual for proper method of clearing the realtime clock/cmos memory then try rebooting after.
4) Ensure your cpu is correctly installed. Socket 775's can be wedged in the socket improperly so be sure this is in correctly and sits flat with full contact.
5) All tests should be performed with no other hardware attached to the motherboard. Disconnect and unplug power from all drives (cdrom, hard disks, etc.etc.) You should be running just the motherboard, cpu, memory installed and integrated video plugged into your monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back