Building my 1st Gaming PC. Need hardware compatability questions answered...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I am a first time computer builder, although I know a decent amount of computers. What I want to do is really build a top of the line gaming machine, which I can always upgrade later if I want to. Below are the following parts I've chosen:
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
ASUS nForce SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
BFG nVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX
Seagate 80GB 7200 RPM
Corsair 1GB (2x512) ValueSelect RAM
ASUS Silver IDE DVD-ROM 16x
Thermaltake Tsunami ATX Midsize Silver Case
Enermax Whisper II 535W PSU

Ok, now that that's out of the way...I need to know if all of these parts are compatable. Some of them (in fact most of them) come with a bunch of wires to connect to the mobo and such. Could someone just please confirm if all this hardware is compatable with one another?

you need to puchase your motherboard FIRST and read the manual to determine what memory types and brands it will accept.

Why not go with an Athlon FX series if your intent is gaming?

Thanks for the feedback. I have decided to upgrade to a DVD burner for another $10. I changed the link in the first post.

I also changed my mobo and PSU (now 500W). The PSU has a 24-pin connector, and that's what the mobo takes, so that's taken care of.

I don't want the FX series because it's about another $500-$600 for one. I could buy anot 7800 GTX with that money. And anyways, and just above the $1,400 mark, and I don't want to go too much higher.

So is all this hardware compatable with one another?

[Edit] And as for choosing the mobo, Newegg tells you the specs of it. It takes DDR400 (PC 3200) RAM, and in the reviews the people say you need a 24-pin PSU. So that settles that. [/Edit]

Thanks. I did some more research on the PSU (felt that I overlooked it, and I did). I need dual +12V power for SLI GPU's when I'm ready, so I found a new PSU (see the first post).

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back