Building my new rig

Hi guys

I just build my 1st gaming pc and I have some question for exp ppl .

1st I using an sli configuration , I know about channels x16 x4 etc . My question is I put my 1st v.card in 1st slot , in 2nd slot my pcie sound card , on the 4th my 2nd v.card and finally on 5th slot x2 3.1 usb pcie card .
My question is , the audio card on 2nd pci
slot can cause some performance issues with the sli configuration ?
Ps:I puted in this particular order because my motherboard says for x16x8x8 + x16z8x8 sli configuration put it that way .

2nd. Im cooling my cpu with corsair 110H . The issue is I plug the connector in the right place (corsair manual) but the light that iluminate the corsair logo doest turn on . What im doing wrong ?
Ps:All fans are working perfectly.

3rd. My psu incuded 6Pin-Port PCI-E PCIe 6Pin and I wanted to conect Graphics Card . I safe to use this splited cable to save
some space ? Or is more safely use 2 separate cables ?
Ps:I dont know how this cable is calling . It is 6pin x 4 and 6 splited for v.card .

4th. With my specs , its worth o.c. ? I have only a 1000w power supply I dont know if it can handle it .

My specs
Asus rampage v extreme
I7 5960x
Corsair atx ddr4 3.200htz.X8 (2x4)
Cpu Water cooling Corsair 110H
PSU Evga g2 1000w gold
Gtx 980ti sc 2.1 x2 (sli)
Audio card Xonar dx 7.1
M2 nvm samsung 950 pro x 256gb.
X1 Ssd samsung 850 evo x 256 gb.

Thank you for your patience and I apologize for my rusty enlish .

The PCIe power connectors either come in 6-pin, 8-pin or 8-pin with splitters, enabling you to use the 8-pin splitter cable on a GPU with a 6-pin socket. Your 1000W power supply should easily have 4 6/8-pin PCIe GPU connectors.

Do not use splitters for your PCIe cables. Use two sets from the power supply and power them directly without splitters. It may not be as tidy but at least you're giving the GPUs the best source of power available.

You have enough headroom to overclock but I wouldn't bother, you have more than enough performance as it is.

Just to add to @Leeky 's response, I wouldn't worry about performance issues with the sound card in regards to SLI. Just make sure that you follow your MOBO's manual for optimum install options for best use of your bandwidth across all your devices. Now, for the Corsair LED, you may want to check that it is indeed plugged into the proper location, this is pretty much the only thing that could cause the LED from not working. Of course, you don't want to rule out that the LED is just bad. Interestingly, I have a very similar PC setup to yours and I can vouch that 1000W is more than enough and you really don't need to OC.

Back