Building new computer need help

By s_chab87
Oct 29, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey there,

im looking forward to build a new pc.This is gonna be my first time so I need a little advice. Here is what I plan buying.

e6600 cpu
    geforce 7950 or in that price range(256 or 512)?
    2gb ddr2 with good speed (but what is a good speed hmm)
    a power supply, have no idea which to buy
    a case and motherboard that will fit together, but how do i know if they do fit ?
    some dvd reader
    some hard drive 7200, 10000 rpm ?
    sound card?

Aside from all this is there anything i need to know about compatibility?
    And i saw in another thread some guy that had a power supply for his video card only ??!?

big thanks for reading :D
  2. streblo

streblo Newcomer, in training Posts: 20

Is there a compelling reason not to buy a complete system instead? Just curious.
  3. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

You save hundreds if not thousands of dollars building your own computer. The computer companies rip people off.
  4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,280   +23

Try these
    Motherboard
    This is a really good one.

Casing + Power Supply
    This is a cool-looking one and takes care of both the casing and the PSU. The PSU is of very high-quality so don't worry about that.

RAM to go with the mobo above
    This RAM is of high-quality and offers excellent performance too.

Hard Drives
    Get this one and this one.

DVD Burner
    This DVD burner has very fast reading times and is a good-quality cheap product.

Sound Card
    This is the best good-quality, inexpensive sound card I found. A similar Creative card would cost around 8-10 times as much.

Video Card
    This is the best factory OC'd 7950GT I could find.

Monitor (if u need one)
    This monitor has a blazing fast response time and the rebate makes for icing on
    the cake.

All the above components are 100% compatible with each other. I assume u know where to get an E6600 so I haven't given the link. Just for reference, here it is. Good luck!:grinthumb
    P.S.->A video card PSU is not absolutely necessary but is available.
  5. Superinc

Superinc Newcomer, in training Posts: 106

whats the fun in that?

Im going to build a similar PC .. for GFX going with 7600GT (SLi maybe) and wait for the 8 series GPUs on a Abit AW9D-MAX mobo .. I like the idea of switching SLI or Crossfire.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.