Building new system. Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dank7737

!!Last minute help!!

I am finaly ordering the parts for my computer this week off of newegg.com. Below is a list of the parts i plan on using to assemble it. I wanted everyones opinions on the computer, and also if anyone sees any compatabilty issues or possible IRQ conflictions/problems. Also is there anything im forgetting to buy other than external stuff? Thanks a ton!!

Black Evercase, comes with one bbfan
SOYO P4S DRAGON ULTRA DDR 333 SIS645/961 400MHZ FSB
INTEL PENTIUM 4 2.2GHZ NORTHWOOD 512K SOCKET 478 PROCESSOR 400MHZ
CRUCIAL MICRON 512MB 64X64 PC2100 DDR RAM, 184-PIN, CL=2.5-UNBUFFERED
WESTERN DIGITAL 'SPECIAL EDITION' 80GB 7200RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE
VGA LEADTEK GeForce 4 TI4600
CREATIVE LABS SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY PLATINUM
TEAC BLACK INTERNAL EIDE CD-RW DRIVE 40X12X48
SONY 1.44MB 3.5 INCH INTERNAL FDD DRIVE
ENERMAX THERMAL CONTROL 8CM COOLING FAN . BUILT-IN HEAT SENSOR
ALLIED 400W POWER SUPPLY ATX400P4 W/ TWO FANS

Thanks again!

All I have to say is yummm....it must be nice to drop that much money on the comp. Looks good to me though. The manufacturers look good and you can't go wrong with newegg.

are yous ure you wanna go with a P4, if i was dropping that much money on a PC, i'd put it into an Athlon XP 2100+, but thats just me and my Athlon fetish

ditto, I'd also go with the Athlon.

I've also seen some performance problems with P4 and DDR.
The guys over at overclockers.com also report problems with performance loss when OCing P4/DDR. I have also read things from others who have had no problems with the P4/DDR combo.

If you are going to keep the P4, go with the Rambus, otherwise you'll probably be happier with the Athlon.

Looks good to me. I love athlons too but I don't know, if you really want a P4 I'd do it, I'd love one but when I got my comp money was an issue.
Sounds to me like you are getting a decent deal on those parts right now, I'm sure you could find cheaper through other dealers but not everything would be cheaper at a one place so then you'd lose the savings by paying seperate shipping charges.
Looks good man - I think you will be pleased.

I have an Athlon XP 2100+ and let me say that my next machine will be intel again. I have no real complaints about this rig - but I just felt like things worked (better?) when I stuck with intel before. My 2 cents

LNCPapa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back