Built in sound card problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkisspartan

ive got a built in sound card on my computer and when i connect the speakers to the computer, the computer doesnt pick it up and sound doesnt come out. The speakers i got worked on my other computer when i just plugged them in to the sound jack with no installiton or whatever but my new computer doesnt pick up the speakers. ive tried "add hardware" put my speakers dont come up on the list. can anyone help me. im willing to try anything. thanks.

Got to Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager to see if any red or yellow flags are showing for audio. If so, your sound unit may be defective, or it may need drivers reinstalled. You can disable or remove your audio drivers here, then go to the web site of your computer manufacturer, or the audio devices company to download new drivers.
If you like to play your sound very loud and for long periods, you may have burned out the audio components.
If a desktop, you can replace the sound card with a used or new one. They are usually fairly inexpensive.

i still cant get it to work. Windows has the default audio drivers installed and it says they all work proparlly.I went on the website of my speakers manfuctuer but its in japanese :( ill probablly buy a new sound card or a usb powered speaker.

If the speakers work on other audio devices then they work, and the problem isn't related to the speakers. Unless your speakers are USB connected, finding drivers for them is irrelevant, since your sound card handles the digital<>analogue conversion, otherwise known as sound the PC is trying to spit out.

Download Everest Home or SIW. Post a report of the computer overview page. This should help us find what sound card you have, and maybe a link to a driver that belongs to it, if thats the thing you're missing.

Of course, your other option is to purchase a new PCI/USB sound card and install that.....

THANKS!which audio driver should i download there are two and also while im at it ill download the vga drivers too, but which one again? :p I love u man your my new hero. Really, you are :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back