Burn 8GB ISO file to 4GB disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can i burn an 8gb .iso file onto a 4gb dvd disc?

Even with over-burn you still won't get it to work right. You need to buy the DL (dual layer DVD disc which handles 8.5GB. Regular DVD holds 4.7GB. Does your DVD player support DL?

it's not a dvd movie, it's a program.

If i can't burn on one disc, is it possible to split it in two?

Doesn't have to be a DVD movie you can use DL for anything up to 8.5GB. If this is a file ISO there are programs that allow you to go into the ISO (compression method) and extra the files and then split it into two ISO files.

I use to use WinISO been around a very long time. There is so many others UltraISO, MagicISO, PowerISO there is a free one called ImgBurn and this one called: Active@ ISO Burner 2.1 (Freeware) http://www.ntfs.com/iso_burner_free.htm Also WinRAR can read ISO and let you extra the data also.

i do have magic iso. But if i extract the files, then load some on one disc and the rest on the other, would the actual installation fail because some of the file it's depending on is on the other disc?

i do have magic iso. But if i extract the files, then load some on one disc and the rest on the other, would the actual installation fail because some of the file it's depending on is on the other disc?
Is it necessary to ask the same question over and over, trying to ge the answer you want to hear. You've been told you could simply burn the ISO to a dual layer DVD. Or, you could try splitting the program onto two discs. However, an ISO file IS a disc image, so it likely won't work, unless you reassemble it on the host computer, then try to run it with an emulator. With that said, you could transfer it with any type of flash media, then do the same thing.

Or, try it your way first. A worst case scenario is that you waste 2 DVD blanks, or less than 50 cents.

Or why not try this approach, split the ISO file with something like WinRAR so you could get a 2-part ISO, burn one part on a DVD and same for the other. but youll still need an Emulator in the end :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back