Burning a Restore CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKolkster

Hey, I have an old Emachine 600id computer that I dont use anymore and I'm trying to restore it to factory with the restore CD that came with it. The CD is in pretty bad shape, I think its history. But awhile ago I was able to recover the data off of it. (I think, it looks like its all there)

Anyway, I created an ISO and burned it. It boots up fine and everything like it normally would except when it goes to archive the .img files, it says "Cabs.img, program.img, and other.img are missing. Here an example

"Archive R:/cabs.img End-of-central-signature directory not found. Either this file is not a zipfile or it constitutes on disk of a mult-part archive. In the latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on last disk on this archive."

So is there a special way in burning this or are those files corrupted? I'm afraid there corrupted because the disc was in bad shape. But I'm not sure.

Hi
There are apps out there to read data off bad cd's. I would get one and try that on the bad disk before any burning..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back