Burning cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant

Help again please
what is the best and easiest way of burning a cd with music i have recorded from cassette to the pc. so that i can select tracks to play or is this not possible
thanks in anticipation

Assuming that you recoded the cassette to a one single audio file.. You have to split that file up so that every track is a separate file. Then you just drag and drop in your favourite CD burning program.

thanks for your reply that is the point i am up to recorded just as you say but now I am not to sure how to split it up
thanks again

I've done a similar project. I had an old radio program recorded on a cassette and wanted to archive the music onto a CD with track markers.

I used audio editing software--Sound Forge--to get the audio onto my computer for editing.

Patch your cassette audio into your sound card on your PC. Set up the input so you can monitor the sound. Then start a new project in Sound Forge (or other audio editing program). Fine tune your project settings then start recording. Once you have one long wav file recorded you can then get to work on splitting it into separate tracks.

In Sound Forge you can place markers. You basically separate the audio file into tracks by using markers. Place markers where you want songs to start and end. Once the audio file has been completely marked you then convert all the markers to regions. Finally you then export the regions to a specific folder on your PC.

In that folder will be your tracks as wave files, exported from Sound Forge. You can use various softwares to convert those wave files to Mp3 or other formats.

Then use your CD burning software to format and burn your CD with tracks.

That's a quick overview of how I took a few old cassettes of mine, separated the music into tracks, and burnt them onto a CD.

Thanks
I was thinking I was going to have to get technical and i don't have that mode, thanks for your answer I think that will solve my problems is the recording I have made not useable to do this or should I scrap it
thanks in anticipation

You can use your existing recording no problem and any sound editing program will let you split up the file. You can even use the Sound Recorder program that comes with Windows.

Now, what program did you use to record your stuff and what format is the file in?

Also, what CD recording software do you have? Nero comes with a very friendly audio editor for example.

I have nero sound trax and also I downloaded audacity but not got into it yet the file is wav
thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back