Burning Email with Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferne

I am having a problem saving my bosses emails with the attachments from Outlook express. OS is Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2.

Cannot figure out the problem of why this is not happenning. He has over 1500 emails that we cannot delete, as they are required by our lawyers for a law suit that is currently pending. Also we have quite a few in his sent folder as well, with attachments.

Help, I am desperate today..

Thanks a bunch

What do you mean by having problem saving e-mails?? How did you save them and what happened after you tried saving it??

cT

Used Outlook Express Backup and did not save anywhere on the hard drive or cd. Searched for dbx, pst files, alas nothing on the hard drive anywhere. Never had this problem before on my system. I need an alternative a.s.a.p.

I found the following on

http://www.iopus.com/guides/oe-backup.htm

see if this helps.

1. Email Messages:

From the Outlook Express menu select Tools | Options | Maintenance and click the StoreFolder button. You see a dialog with the name of the directory that has your mail files. If you look in that directory you find files named after your mail folders and news groups. They all have a .DBX suffix. Outlook Express keeps all messages in these database files. If you make copies of these files regularly, you'll have a safe backup of your OE mail.

Restore (if necessary): To restore the backup data, just copy it back to the directory. You can selectively restore folders by just copying specific files back. Alternatively, you can use OE's File | Import | Messages feature to import one or more of the backup folders. Email Account Settings

As far as we know, the procedure works for all kind of email: The regular SMTP / POP3 based email, MAPI, IMAP or even the free Hotmail Account, that is built into Outlook. For Hotmail, however, some messages and settings might be stored only at the Hotmail server ( = somewhere at Microsoft !) and not on your local PC.

OE File Save As creates *.eml files ususally in your My Documents folder.

Do you get any error messages?

Outlook Express Backups

Many thanks to Chinese Techie and Real Black stuff for your links and tips. Now if I can only find my car keys. lol

Get one of those gadgets, that 'bleep' if you clap your hands or whistle loudly.
Then attach that to your keyring (after you found your keys in the first place...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back