Burning error when making dvd's with nero rom

By jamielee
Nov 12, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys , i have a problem when i try to burn a dvd. Let me explain what the process i been told to do when burning a dvd.

I currently hav nero 6.6 i open Nero startsmart then on the left hand said there are applications i then pick "nerovision express" i then pick Make DVD , then DVD Video , then add video file which then i add a movie file , the file is a .avi, once i have added the movie , i click next then when i get to the final option i then select "Write to hard disk folder" then select a folder on my desktop.
    ( Error1.jpg )

Ok this then makes a VIDEO_TS folder , which i have been told is "dvd format"

then i open up nero burning rom then select dvd from the drop down options , then dvd video then click new.

Then i find the VIDEO_TS folder which express made before , then put the files from that folder into the VIDEO_TS folder on the blank dvd disk.
    ( Error2.jpg )

then i click on the burn the current disk key on the top of the options.

Then a window pops up which gives me the burn options i select the speed as 4x as i been told its the only speed i should burn a dvd , then click burn
    ( Error33.jpg )

then i get this : Error4.jpg

Now i wasted like 10 dvd-r disk's and i have asked all the ppl i know , but nothing has come of it :( if ANY 1 can help me with this i would be very thankful :)

thanx for ur time
    Jamielee xx

Attached Files:

2. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,582

the only thing I see is dvd's are not in avi format
    they are mpg2
    It could be the encoder setup is wrong
    I noticed the folder is in red
    my express does not show it in red ,shows as yellow.
    I will say this I have used this on a few movies and worked
    I always burn to hard drive to test the movie before burning to disc
    OK,but I basicly gave up on nero as there where a lot of failures.
    and encoding took forever ,please look up DVD-shrink
    and ulead movie factory there is a free encoder out there ah
    TMPGEnc
    my best dvd movie creators are moviestudio and DVD-lab for authoring,--- this last has been at 99% effect
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.