Burning VOB files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyellis

Is it possible to burn VOB files so that they are read-able by a DVD player?

I have copied the files from a DVD (home movie) and have the audio and video folders, but I don't know of a way to burn them onto another DVD so that they don't simply end up as data files as opposed to a playable DVD.

Thanks.

Hello billyellis!
Yes you can burn those Audio and Video folders to a DVD and have a regular dvd movie, actually that all you got (i mean those two folder contents) when you buy a brand new movie plus a few extra files. All you need is a Software capable of burn those files, I personally use Nero is very simple and very reliable, you only have to select DVD-Video and drag the content to the VIDEO_TS folder to the empty one. Give it a try, you can download a trial version for 30 days. Let me know if there's something more i can do to help. Good Luck

rmdl51 said:
Hello billyellis!
Yes you can burn those Audio and Video folders to a DVD and have a regular dvd movie, actually that all you got (i mean those two folder contents) when you buy a brand new movie plus a few extra files. All you need is a Software capable of burn those files, I personally use Nero is very simple and very reliable, you only have to select DVD-Video and drag the content to the VIDEO_TS folder to the empty one. Give it a try, you can download a trial version for 30 days. Let me know if there's something more i can do to help. Good Luck

This technique should work fine. If you have a burner installed in your PC, you will have burning software installed. If you deal with DVD's you undoubtably have a DVD burner...

Yup, I have Roxio/Easy CD/DVD Creator, but I only see data, music, etc as burning options. There is no choice to burn as a playable DVD. Is there? I guess I can try Nero, but if there is a way to do it on the software I already have, I would prefer that...

Well, since I never use before roxio cd/dvd creator I can't help anymore. But just curious, how do you get the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders? by manually copying from you optical drive to tour HDD? if that's the case I'm sorry to say that may or may not play when your burn it to a DVD because of the protections they usually have. Also depends on what kind of movie you get this files from. BTW if you manually copy this files maybe you'll need a Double Layer blank DVD which is more expensive than the single layer. I hope you used some DVD-ripper program to get those files and just a piece of advice, use DVD-R instead of DVD+R to ensure better compatibility, ok. :wave:

I copied and pasted as you said, and the files seem to play fine on the HDD using PowerDVD, so encryption is not an issue. The problem is simply that if I navigate to the files in Easy Creator to burn, it just wants to burn them as data files, and I am wondering if there is a web site out there or something where you can download a file that you add to the project that will then make the DVD load in a DVD player after burning.

Does anyone who uses Nero know what makes the DVD-Video project work? If you look at the files on a burned DVD, is there an extra one there that was not there before the burn? Or is is something in the formatting that is not accessible and requires your burning software to be able to do it for you?

As far as I know, is a way to format and burn those files, so even if it's a add-on to roxio it will be the same as using another software. Don't trust "copy and paste" for ripping dvd files, In past experience I've dealt with a lot of issues about this, even if they play on your HDD, when burning back to DVD may have issues playing on the DVD player, sometimes happen this not always but I want to let you know that just in case, also have ready a DL media since I think your folders are over 4.7GB. Try to look on roxio web site for a plug-in to your software, if you have no luck then try a diffrent softwre, good luck

Roxio and CD creator are crap programs. Nero 6 is given away free with most new CD/DVD burners. Nero 7 is major bloatware. See if you can find Nero 6 on the Web. Do a google search. I burn DVD files as an .iso file, then I burn that .iso file to a DVD (4.7GB) disc. These DVD's will play fine on any DVD player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back