Burning windows xp sp2 to cd on windows vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am just wondering does anyone know anyone know cd burner software compatible with windows vista that I would be able to burn windows xp to a cd. I used to use cdburner xp pro, but that does not recognize my new dvdrw. And if so could they guide me through the process as I am not sure fully how to do it.

Thank you.

Aaron Daly said:
Hello,

I am just wondering does anyone know anyone know cd burner software compatible with windows vista that I would be able to burn windows xp to a cd. I used to use cdburner xp pro, but that does not recognize my new dvdrw. And if so could they guide me through the process as I am not sure fully how to do it.

Thank you.
##

If your burning software doesnt recognize the drive , then check the manufacturers website for any updates, I remember Nero in it's early days were constantly adding updates as new CDRW's were coming onto the market.

Regards

Yes, I checked. They are a pretty small company and they are freeware and my dvd drive was made after they released the current version.
Thanks for your help. I feel so helpless, I have windows xp slipstreamed with sp2 on my harddrive just waiting to be burned onto a disk....Any further help would be much appreciated.

Well as a temporary work around if you have a floppy drive you can make a bootable floppy (even windows98 boot floppy will work fine www.bootdisk.com) and then just burn the files straight to cd.

The cd won't be bootable, which is why you need the floppy, but you can still initiate an install from the disk.

Ok I feel I should explain my situation a little better to be able to get correct advice. I recently installed windows vista because I kept getting start up blue screen errors, I would have re-formatted using windows xp sp2 disc but couldn't find it. I had a spare windows vista cd, so I thought I would give it a try. Installed and everything went ok. Until I tried to install my drivers...Most drivers for my hardware are not yet compatible with windows vista. I borrowed a windows xp sp1 disk from a friend, but it would not install because it is not compatible with pci-e graphics cards. So I slipstreamed sp1 with sp2. I have the sp2 along with the Microsoft image file ready to be burned to a disc. My problem is finding software compatible with vista that will burn the os to a cd with an ISO and for it to be bootable. Any help would be very nice as I am reaching boling point,

Please help me!

Cheers Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back