TechSpot

Burstnet.com banner ad at top

By SNGX1275
Jan 24, 2004
Post New Reply
  1. It doesn't come up. Which then makes me need to hit back twice in IE to get back 1 page. Anyone else having this problem?
    Netscape isnt' loading it either, but it seems to be immune to needing to hit back twice.

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

That's strange... I don't experience the same problem but perhaps some other members are?

Also, do you have any ad blockers installed in your box?

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Topic Starter Posts: 10,704   +397

Google Toolbar (blocks popups) is the only one, and it doesn't mess with banner ads, at least not that I know of because it seems other banner ads are showing up just fine.

4. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

It's working fine for me, but sometimes it hangs up and takes a while to load, but always ends up loading.

5. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

In both Avant 802.2.12 and IE6/SP1 I get the message Action canceled.
    Opera 7.20 just shows a white empty window.

6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

The question is however if this interrupts your browsing or not really?

7. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

No, TS loads just fine, but while using opera the progress bar of what is loading at the bottom is stuck on burstnet for about 10-15 seconds. I can hit stop and finish doing everything ok, or just wait for it.

8. SNGX1275

9. SNGX1275

Update - it has now affected my browsing habits. I changed from IE to Opera for various reasons, this was among them. But now I can't even get to the forums through my bookmarks, it hangs on loading that ad and the page never comes up, to get around that I have to go to the main page then click the forums link and for some reason that works. But going directly to the forums does not.