Buying a new system...need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i basically just want to play WoW and music, internet, etc. at same time with very little lag at about 50 FPS and fairly good graphics on a budget, have understood this is good enough

– Genuine Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
– FREE UPGRADE! AMD Athlon(TM) 64 X2 3800+ dual-core
– 1GB DDR2-533MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x512)
– FREE UPGRADE! 160GB 7200 rpm SATA Hard Drive
– LightScribe 16X DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
– 2 USB, 1 FireWire IEEE 1394, audio ports
– Logitech X-230 2.1 Speakers
– 56Kbps Data/Fax Modem for dial-up Internet access
– No TV Tuner w/remote control
– 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE, TV-Out, DVI, VGA
– Integrated 7.1 channel sound w/front audio ports
– HP Keyboard, HP Scroller Mouse
– Microsoft(R) Works Suite 2006 includes Word
– HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

the model is HP Pavilion a1650e customizable Desktop PC

i do NOT know what kind of mobo or PSU it has, and was concerned that i will need a stronger PSU because if it is too weak it will burn out, and a stronger one means better performance...

so what wattage PSU will i need, is a PSU hard to install,and is that spec good enough for what i want?

This is a completely good system for the purposes you stated. However remember that this is an OEM computer and from a good company. So the computer may use a lower end motherboard and CPU but because it is pre built the parts will probably be good quality. what it comes with will be fine, at least I'm pretty sure of that.

thx alot. im very cautious before buying this new computer, because i had an emachines, the PSU was a piece of crap, and as the sticky threads tell us it took the mobo with it. any other opinions?

Normally the PSU is pretty good on an HP. You can change it later and put in another one if need be. But I think it should be good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back