Buying cpu Case for powering up eVGA7800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul05

Im currently using the brand "Just PC" that hold 435 watts, but now that I just got myself a 7800GT eVGA, it require power to that video card. My Just PC case work fine, but after pluging in the power for the video, _NEC dvd, and Hitachi HD, I need more plug(at least 2 more)!!! so that I can have more hard drive storage, I've just research on newegg on some cases, but I don't know which one is good. Sooooooo....I come to techspot(of course) and ask for advice on what case I should get, I need a case with PS and with a price range from $50-75(or 80).

Thanks

You can look on what my motherboard I'm using right now...

If you are confuse.....

To summarize it.........

if you are confuse about the power plug to the harddrive, video and _NEC, I meant the power plug, my PS gave me 4 power plug, so before I used to have 6600 MSI, I plug one to 5GB Western Digital, 40 Maxtor, 80GB Hitachi, and the _NEC dvd. Now that I just got the eVGA 7800 GT, it require a power plug to that, so...I have to gave up my 40 and 5 GB and plug those into the video card, so now its all been used up...thats why I'm asking for help about looking for a good(however you want to call it) cases that it will leave me 2 power plug from the PS left. WHY?? Because I don't like using one Harddrive, it sucks... I want to have another one extra for data storage

wow look nice to me :)
but will it fit any motherboard???
now I know that general is BAD!!!..ok thanks DonNagual, hm...i think i'll buy the case ^_^ hopefully its roomy

The sonataII case? It'll fit any ATX (or micro ATX) motherboard. I actually highly recommend it for the price. It is a very good looking case. The pictures on newegg don't do it justice. The high gloss black finish is extremely elegant. The best looking case I have ever owned (but everyone's taste in cases is different).

That plus the fact that it comes with a high quality PSU all for under $100 is a great deal. Note: it is not a full tower case though. Only a mid-tower.

Max capacity is:
9 Drive Bays:
- 3 x 5.25" external drive bays (optical drives)
- 2 x 3.5" external drive bays (floppy)
- 4 x 3.5" internal drive bays (hard drives)

If you need more than that, take a look at the P180case. It is about the same price, but doesn't include a PSU. THAT case has more room than you'd ever need, but you gotta pay for it (as you'd have to buy a PSU separate).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back