TechSpot

buzz cut to members: beam me up.

By buzzcut
Nov 15, 2005
  1. Hi members,
    I'm using the name buzzcut because nothing could describe me less. Also it was the first thing that popped into my head. I'm kinda getting old but I'm trying,(sometimes failing),to keep up with technology. I operate a large water system through the use of both Sun and Pc based systems. Last year I bought my first home computer and kinda got carried away. My job spoiled me. Anyway, I bought a Dell XPS / 2 gigs ram/ 250 gig hard drive.
    I've got a sound problem which I will post in the correct catagory. I just placed my first post here to say hi. Hope you don't mind a guy with ten grand kids taking part.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello buzzcut and welcome to Techspot.

Ten grand kids eh? That`s eight more than me lol

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. Surkitz

Surkitz TS Rookie Posts: 145

Dell XPS EHH?

Nice system for a man who's "trying to keep up with technology"

4. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 856

Should have looked on e-bay. :)

5. buzzcut

buzzcut TS Rookie Topic Starter

When I'm at work I'm surrounded by monitors and keyboards in a big semi-circle around my swivel chair. It's like graphics make up the whole landscape.
    The system's been set up to multi task dozens of commands at the same time to allow me to control water pressures over a three county region. I've been at this same desk for over twenty six years but the computers didn't show up until 1993.
    Anyway, whenever I used someone's home computer the slow do one thing at a time drove me nuts. I just waited and saved until I could get this rig and hook it up to cable so I could,(to a lesser but exceptable extent), have a home computer experience similar to my work console. I just wish it came with the same package of support engineers.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.