By any chance can we get RAM slot repaired?

By sandeep_1
Feb 18, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hi

I Made a mistake buying Samsung laptop model NP350V5C-A0EUK. It worked exactly for 1 year I.e till warranty period within 1 month from the date my warranty expired one of my RAM's stopped working - I bought a new RAM, after that my hard drive got bad memory sectors - I replaced it, then one of my RAM slots was dead, now there is a problem with the second slot.

My question is - By any chance can we get RAM slot repaired ?? - I suppose answer may be NO - I may be wrong as well

If the answer is NO, I suppose I can use other parts of the laptop like processors, RAM, HD, Key pads, display screen so .. on. Is there any way that I can replace some thing like mother board alone to get back my laptop to life ??

Thanks in advance for your suggestion

One friendly suggestion out of scope of this question - never ever ever buy Samsung laptops
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,070   +1,181

I'm willing to bet there is not one repair shop willing to take on the task. Not only would it cost more to do the labor than the motherboard is worth, it would take specialized equipment. Motherboards are dated so quickly, it doesn't pay to repair them. Unless the damage is very simple to work with.
  3. sandeep_1

sandeep_1 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks for the reply mate
    So, should the laptop go to trash bin ?? or is it possible to replace the complete motherboard itself??
  4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,070   +1,181

The motherboard can likely be replaced, all you need to do is search for a motherboard replacement that fits your laptop model. Ebay (to name one) has hundreds of listings for just about every part of a laptop.
  5. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Guru Posts: 4,566   +184

If you do need to dump the laptop, remove the harddrive first. Don't want someone else having your info.
  6. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.