C&C Renegade - Comments

Are you a fan of the C&C series of games?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • What's C&C??

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Commando

The first thing to notice about this game is that with my average middle-end gaming machine I can run this game in all its glory with acceptable 30-50 fps not requiring a major upgrade.

Unlike new quake3/unreal based games which put the idea in my head that I need an upgrade because I do when I turn most of the graphics down.

I think its very good especially the zero loading times during a mission. The game has such a good story background based in the "C&C universe" with very good physics and very good spontaneous gameplay.

All they need now is Renegade 2, the sequel where u fight for NOD just like in the RTS where you get to play on both sides hearing their view of the story.

Would I recommend this game? YES :grinthumb

Yes, it is a very good game. Westwood doesn't have too much experience with first person shooters, but they handled it wonderfully :grinthumb:

i had quite some fun on the demo version...
there were a lot of things that bothered me, but the overall experience was cool.

I personally didn't like this game. The AI is quite lacking, even at the hardest level. Enemies frequently do not respond after being shot, enemies driving vehicles sometimes end up driving in circles, as well as other such lapses. The storyline might be decent but the overall gameplay is not up to par with games such as Half-Life or Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

I was very impressed by the action in the first 2 missions of the game. A LOT of team work and other characters fighting alongside you and it somehow managed to simulate a real assault. However, things start to get boring after that. The characters seem to be floating on the ground rather than walking/running. Haven't finished the game yet, but so far it's still bearable :D

I just got the game last night, and I can't wait to try it out. I'll let you know what I think when I get time to play it, as I have TOO much homework this week.

Originally posted by AllRoy
So good game to get? Any bugs?

So far there isn't. But there's just one odd thing I noticed. In one mission, right after my rocket hits the last unit of a group which I'm supposed to kill off, the game suddenly kicks me to the debriefing screen. It didn't even allow the unit to blow up :D

Originally posted by AllRoy
So good game to get?
Have you tried the demo yet? After playing the demo, I doubt I'm going to buy the game. I would still want to play it if it was given to me, but I just don't think it's worth my money on a game that feels... "unpolished".... or whatever. I'd rather wait for Unreal 2 or UT2.

Originally posted by Whack0

Have you tried the demo yet? After playing the demo, I doubt I'm going to buy the game. I would still want to play it if it was given to me, but I just don't think it's worth my money on a game that feels... "unpolished".... or whatever. I'd rather wait for Unreal 2 or UT2.

I agree with your view. When I saw the shop owner playing the game, I was kinda impressed. Too bad I just caught a glimpse of the game at that time and not an in depth view of it.

I bought the game the day it came out, after playing the demo constantly I decided I needed to get it, it seems like theres not a lot of people playing it. I'm a huge Quake2 player and I have a hard time finding a game that I like even close to quake2, and renegade is on the list.

Isn't Serious Sam closer to Quake2 than this? You're right bout one thing, there aren't a lot of pple playing this game.

AllRoy said:
The demo will not work for me..it keeps crashing back to the desktop :(
Ya, mine actually reboots the computer for me whenever I try to exit/quit the game. So instead, I have to click the button that takes me to Westwood's website to quit. Weird problem. :p

Did you try messing with the Renegade Configuration before playing the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back