C: drive changed to E: HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother's notebook's mobo crashed a while ago and so she put her HD onto a portable one. She then hooked her old HD into an externale device that connected to our other laptop. When she tried this, It changed her C: drive to E: and now nothing will work pretty much because it cannot find C: which is now E:

and P.S.-

she already tried changing the drive letter and path through disk. manger. and this did not work.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,

Josh

Unplug all other external devices and take out he CD/ROM/DVD drive out of the mod bay and shutdown the laptop and turn it off. When you turn it back on go into the BIOS.. Remove the battery also. Use the AC adapter to turn back on the laptop do the follow next below...

DELL - F2 (Setup)
Other brands F1 or ESC or F10 Setup Some or F1 - Delete key. I don't know which brand you got so those are the choices. When you get in see what drive is showing for C: is the main C:? If yes exit out of the BIOS and boot up Windows it should see C: and it should go back to normal.

Hi, it's mom here now - THANKS for this great info - just to clarify for me...
If in the BIOS, "C" doesn't show as thenmain - then what-would you give me the step by step if it's not to much trouble....?!! (PS. Baking U Cyber Choc Chip Cookies now!)

Thank You SO Much!
Glaassman.

What you need to do it to remove the backup battery and the main battery? What make/model is this laptop then to it on and get into the bios again. The biios will be needed to be reset.

Did you partition into C: and D:?

Example:
There should be 1 HDD
1 Optical Drive

Go to administrative tools, computer management, storage, disk management, click on hd whith rigth mouse buton, change drive letter, god luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back