C:\resycled\boot.com, cant open hdd, mbam freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pr0blemMagnet

Okay, so recently I had this problem on my laptop and it infected my usb drive so i got it on this computer and another. I cured the laptop on another thread and the one on my other computer was removed relatively easily. This version is the worst.

When i double click my hdd it says C:\resycled\boot.com is not a valid Win32 application, Disk Defragmenter always says "could not start" and System restore doesn't work either.(this happened with the other computers as well)

Now what i did with my laptop cannot apply here because malwarebytes doesnt work! I start it up and it detects like 25 problems and its all good until it randomly freezes and slows my entire computer to a close halt. So i tried leaving it like that for a while and i came back today and it said it was on for 23 hours! and it scanned ~25,000 files and was frozen on one and my computer was just frozen. My google searches don't get redirected.

So i ran superantispyware and hijack this, so ill post those logs but mbam didnt work so i obviously cannot put that up. Help!

try runnung malware bytes in safe mode (f8 just before the windows splash screen. if you see splash screen you missed it) sometimes your infection can behave differently enough to run the program successfully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back