c00021a error code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, This happendd yesterday, out of the blue!!
i get c000021a error code
Been really frustrated over this issue, its really important for me to have this computer working, because im doing my A Levels, and i have alot and alot of important coursework on there.

From what i have gatherd so far, people have said that winlogin.exe is corrupted, because i get to the windows loading screen and it restarts. i have tryed doing drwtsn.exe -1.. like it states on the microsoft website, but no luck.. It also will not let me boot from CD, i have changed my bios settings to make it first. but it will not work.. so i can't repair my system using the windows cd.. this problem is really getting at me.. if i could hear from someone as soon as possible, it would be amazingly appreciated.
Thank you in advance
Marcus

Microsoft describes this a a common error caused by a missing device driver dependency. This can occur even if the device driver is not critical for the system to boot. For example, Redbook.sys is not required to boot the system. But if one of its dependencies, Ks.sys, is not included in the run-time image, the system displays the error code 0xc000021a.

Microsoft's proposed resolution

1. Identify missing dependencies. For information, see Checking Dependencies in Windows XP Embedded Studio Help.
2. If you determine that a dependency is not missing, then the error probably occurred because a file that the driver depends on is missing. Use the Microsoft Visual Studio Depends utility, which runs using the Depends.exe file, to view the statically loaded libraries. The libraries are located in the import section of the binary file. Search for required files that are missing from your run-time image.

sorry

raybay said:
Microsoft describes this a a common error caused by a missing device driver dependency. This can occur even if the device driver is not critical for the system to boot. For example, Redbook.sys is not required to boot the system. But if one of its dependencies, Ks.sys, is not included in the run-time image, the system displays the error code 0xc000021a.

Microsoft's proposed resolution

1. Identify missing dependencies. For information, see Checking Dependencies in Windows XP Embedded Studio Help.
2. If you determine that a dependency is not missing, then the error probably occurred because a file that the driver depends on is missing. Use the Microsoft Visual Studio Depends utility, which runs using the Depends.exe file, to view the statically loaded libraries. The libraries are located in the import section of the binary file. Search for required files that are missing from your run-time image.

I'm really sorry, but how do i check all this, im not so good with fixing things on computers. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back