C2d price drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkedKube

I see just about all the prices of core 2 duo's have dropped. Are there new processors coming out soon or something?

zzz.

The 6320 and 6420 are on their way, other than that, I've got no idea why there would be a price drop.

Doesn't explain a price drop for the E6600 or higher though.... Are the 6620s coming out?

I dont think the 6620's are coming out. It seems intel is gearing towards overclockers and enthusiast, putting 4mb of L2 cache on all processors with higher multipliers as well

The new 6320 and 6420 probably won't overclock as well as the 6300 and 6400, which was why I picked up a 6400 ASAP.

The trick there is....

The E6320 & E6420 are already here. (At least Newegg says they have them). They have 4MB shared caches the same as the E6600 does now. Which is to say that Intel doesn't have to be in as much of a hurry in getting an E6620 to market. (Not to say that they won't). The E6300 is currently $1.00 more than the E6320, go figure. I don't know if Intel is playing to the enthusiasts as much as we would like to believe. Car companies keep racing divisions for prestige and by extension to sell a lot of minivans. Intel is to be commended though for swallowing it's pride on the whole high clock speed thing while simultaneously offering a very conservatively rated product should a person feel the need for speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back