Call of Duty 2 Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXxZxXx

I had installed Call of Duty 2 on my computer a couple weeks ago, and when ever I try to play it, it lags extremely bad. I tried tweaking with the graphics some, but it still lags on low, normal, high, or extra. I turned off Anti-Aliasing and stuff to help a bit which it did but not much. I tried patching the game to see if this would help any but it's not. I meet the requirements for minium, and almost recommended.
  • Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3 GHz Dual Core
  • Chipset : nVidia nForce 410
  • Physical Memory : 2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM 333 MHz )
  • Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce 6150 LE ( 128 MB )
  • Windows Vista Home Premium

If you need any other information I'll provide as much as I can any help greatly appreciated.

That's odd because I'm running a system that's VASTLY inferior to yours, and I can run COD2 with about 30 frames for most missions. under heavy fire, it drops to maybe 15 or 20.

I would STRONGLY suggest downloading the latest drivers for your video card, and scanning for viruses. Those are the two biggest causes of stuff like this.

Hell, if none of this works, try reinstalling the game altogether. Go into the registry and delete the Activision file, and delete the program files, and reinstall it. That may resolve any other issues.

Not sure what else to try except maybe examine the graphics card and make sure it isn't dying, or dead. Perhaps you could even pitch in the 75 bucks and just buy an 8500 and see if that solves anything. I'm not sure if you can use it or not because I don't know what slots you have. But you get my point.

I don't think your integrated graphics chip meets the minimum requirements for the game. You need an actual graphics card not an onboard chip.

Yeah it's your 6150 integrated graphics that's holding you back. If you plan on playing games on that pretty decent rig, you MUST have a real graphics card. I'd recommend anything in the nvidia G8 series or the Readon 200 or 300 series. What interface do you have AGP or PCI-E and how much can you afford and we'll help you select a good one.

@ Mailpup - My old Geforce 4 MX Integrated could run the game much better.

@Kirock - If I was to buy a new graphics card I'd have to upgrade my power supply, the one on my computer won't handle anything much newer. In fact it's a bestec power supply which I will need help with replacing. Because I know how bestec power supplies are. But I know if you point me a decent graphics card let me know.

Any of the cards on this page are excellent choices for the price. Remember with gfx cards, the more RAM the better, but avoid DDR2 if possible and stay with DDR3.

link590o said:
meanwhile, did you try scanning for viruses and stuff?

I haven't downloaded anything off the internet, and this computer is brand new, and I should be able to play it with what I got still.

I think I know

Hello.

I've read your post. I had the same problem, and the answer is simple.

There is a option in the "Graphics" tab, it says Rendering Method.

Instead of is "Auto" as default, switch it to Direct X 7. and you will notice a substantial boost in performance.

I know it works because I have The exact same computer, Is it by any chance the "HP Pavilion Slimline"? And for my other computer I have a similar ATI Radeon Xpress 200. They're both intergrated cards, and arent really built for intense games like CoD2.

Hope this helps you! :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back