TechSpot

Call of Duty 4 multiplayer issues

By RineEater
Dec 25, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First i want to play online with my brother who's sitting right next to me. We used the same cd for installation, i used a no cd fix, he uses the cd. We both use wireless internet through the same router. When we go to the mp server menu we can't find any one server that's the same so we can't play together. I tried hosting a game, but that didn't show up for him either. When i try to host an Lan game, it goes to some COD4 console thingy and startss doing something that ends with this: Hitch warning: 4166 msec frame time

Plz help, i want to play with my brother.

(never had problems like this for Warrock, WoW, or 9Dragons)
  2. RineEater

RineEater TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 45

here's that what the whole console thing said:

WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_weapon' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
    WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_weapon2d' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
    WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_nonshock' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
    WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_voice' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
    WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_local' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
    WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_local2' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
    WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_ambient' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
    WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_hurt' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
    WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_player1' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
    WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_player2' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
    WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_music' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
    WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_musicnopause' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
    WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_mission' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
    WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_announcer' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
    WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_shellshock' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
    -----------------------------------
    PunkBuster Server: 0 Aliases Written to pbalias.dat
    PunkBuster Server: 0 Stat Records Written to pbstat.dat
    PunkBuster Server: Preparing to Disable PB Server... (C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\pb\)
    Hitch warning: 4166 msec frame time
    Hitch warning: 788 msec frame time
    Hitch warning: 2152 msec frame time
    Hitch warning: 817 msec frame time
    Hitch warning: 874 msec frame time

And each time i highlight and click copy for the last sentence, another one pops up. Like i copied the 4166 msec frame time line, then the one under it popped up.

actually what i posted is just the parts at the end...
  3. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

Did you just say you used a No-CD Crack?

That is illegal ( In some states ) so... Yeah... I can't help you.
  4. Voodoo7vin

Voodoo7vin TS Rookie

I have a LEGAL COPY

I bought a copy of cod 4 from a gameware store. It says my key code is in use and i cant host a server.Dude if you got a no cd code for your pc by stealing someone elses key code you should be imprisoned. Anyway i was wondering if there was a way to get my version running.

To the guy above GET A JOB. Buy your own
  5. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

Is that directed to me? I didn't do a No-CD crack like the OP ( Original Post ) did.
  6. Voodoo7vin

Voodoo7vin TS Rookie

yes i know

it was directed toward the original post.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.