Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare unofficial sales figures are in

Shawn Knight

Staff member

advanced warfare activision gaming xbox 360 call of duty cod playstation 3 sales sales figures playstation 4 xbox one call of duty advanced warfare

The latest release in the storied Call of Duty franchise is off to a solid start. Advanced Warfare has sold a combined 3,722,031 at retail in the US. As we’ve seen before, Microsoft’s platform was responsible for the most sales at 1,293,397 followed by the PlayStation 4 which accounted for 1,249,181 copies sold according to unofficial sales figured provided by VGChartz.

Activision has been surprisingly mum with its official sales figures up to this point but here's what we know so far.

Earlier this week, the company revealed that Advanced Warfare launch sales were bigger than last year’s release, Call of Duty: Ghosts. The admission was based on GfK Chart-Track in the UK as well as Activision’s internal numbers (which they didn’t publish).

advanced warfare activision gaming xbox 360 call of duty cod playstation 3 sales sales figures playstation 4 xbox one call of duty advanced warfare

We also have to remember that Ghosts didn’t launch simultaneously on next generation consoles from Microsoft and Sony. This fact alone would skew sales in favor of Advanced Warfare. Furthermore, the newest release when on sale a day early for those that pre-ordered the Day Zero edition.

To put things into perspective, VGChartz sales figures from Ghosts’ launch week reveal 3,423,561 units sold at retail in the US. Add in PlayStation 4 and Xbox One launch sales, however, and that figure climbs to 4,163,984.

Given Activision’s silence and the unofficial figures, it’s probably safe to say that sales are slightly down this year. That said, however, the franchise is still immensely popular as evident by the fact that Advanced Warfare set a new record on Twitch for the most streamed console game of 2014.

Permalink to story.

I would love to the sales figures for those who shoved this straight to ebay. My brother and his friend thought the whole jumping thing was completely sheeite. So both within a few minutes had it on eBay, and sold packed and ready for shipping to some other poor mug.
I so hate the CoD franchise. I don't know why so many people flock to it, no I do, it's the whole sheep effect to haul *** to the latest FPS no matter how crap it is and never admit buyers remorse.

Great game! The reason you have to relearn the Exo-suit abilities is the real attraction, otherwise it would have just been another COD with better Graphics, but you actually spend your time learning and having fun. Just my opinion!

Did they actually play it? The reason people play cod AW and games like that are because they are fun Im not going to spot some boring **** complaining about you but don't act like a depressed hipster

I do agree wih both sides, but I think Halo is Halo and a good call of duty, doesn't include Halo.

This is the worst game known to man, I decided to try this since I hadn't picked up a COD since MW2, and am I glad I didn't. It is the same boring repetitive, no skill, no fun crap its always been. Played it online for an hour or 2 and just could not stand it, immediately on eBay and sold.

I love that you have to Relearn the exo suit abilities, woo jumping in this game is different, its such a different game, and its not crap ....
Mario with an exo suit... now that would of been way better

In my opinion, the worst call of duty. Futuristic, halo type features is not what call of duty is about. It's not what made COD as famous and as successful as it has been and it has no place here.

It plays exactly like COD always has...but with double jumps. Its as good or as bad as all the others depending on your point of view. Personally I find it more interesting than I thought..but not as good as I hoped. Its sold almost 8million week one though...thats a hell of a achievement with next gen being so young.

Could not stand ghosts...this game is fun as hell, many variant weapons and the spawns are nowhere near the level of horror as with ghosts. Definite learning curve to master the exo suit, but it's a fun game.

Technically.. those that buy every COD because its COD, are the hipsters. ;]

I would love to the sales figures for those who shoved this straight to ebay. My brother and his friend thought the whole jumping thing was completely sheeite. So both within a few minutes had it on eBay, and sold packed and ready for shipping to some other poor mug.
I so hate the CoD franchise. I don't know why so many people flock to it, no I do, it's the whole sheep effect to haul *** to the latest FPS no matter how crap it is and never admit buyers remorse.
They should probably have tried the classic playlist if they wanted to play the same way the old cod games play.

As for me I think this is a good game, and completely different ways of moving with the new exo suit and abilities. Also I like most maps, which I can't say was the same with older cods, especially ghosts where most maps were bad. Anyway I won't be going back to older cods anytime soon.

Neither.
I hate Halo, every battlefield post BF3, and every CoD game that came after MW except for Black Ops 1.
They're all rushed, it's as simple as that, the best publishers are companies like Konami and Rockstar since they actually don't rush their games for that 'Release every game a month before Christmas, so that everybody will be fighting to get their hands on our 'new' games.' time of year.

What the video game industry has become is just a race to get their games out by November, so they'll release buggy, poorly programmed, poorly designed, and cookie cutter games, and then worry about patching/finish making their game when everything's done.

Back