TechSpot

Call of Duty: Black Ops II sales top $1 billion in 15 days

By Shawn Knight
Dec 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Last month Treyarch and Activision announced that Call of Duty: Black Ops II generated $500 million in sales within the first 24 hours. That's 20 percent more revenue than last year's Modern Warfare 3 and it appeared the latest entry...

Read more

2. What .. ah yea, Black Ops .. now I remember, the game I was able to see at a friend and it did not like. Good for them, I guess ;)

3. Sniped_Ash

Sniped_Ash TS Enthusiast Posts: 133   +38

Kind of ironic that Bobby compares the CoD series' moneymaking power to that of the movie industry considering that CoD through MW2 was pretty much "scenes from movies: the video game." Oh and that he screwed over good people at Infinity Ward because he's a moneygrubbing *******.

Star Wars and Avatar will be massive influences on current and future movie makers for decades to come. I doubt that [Annual modern military shooter] will have the same affect on the games industry even 6 months from now.

4. The multiplayer is a lot of damn fun, but yeah it's a shame what they did to IW....
    I'm thoroughly looking forward to Respawn's first title, if anyone can challenge the yearly COD machine it's them.

5. Okey, good games, but looking how other companies than make excellent games with a hell a lot of more variety struggle to stay on the business......

6. Sniped_Ash

Sniped_Ash TS Enthusiast Posts: 133   +38

For the same reason that Two and a Half Men is getting a 10th season and Deadwood was cancelled after only 3?

7. soldier1969

soldier1969 TS Booster Posts: 244   +43

This just tells me that there are alot of 12 to 17yr olds out there with really outdated consoles.

8. You do know that it's for the PC too

jackal2687 likes this.
  9. Bratty kids playing 18+ title no wonder the world is in the pooh bin

10. jackal2687

jackal2687 TS Member Posts: 70   +11

lol

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.