Call of Duty: Ghosts is official, heading to next generation Xbox

By Shawn Knight
May 1, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. As predicted earlier this week, Activision and Infinity Ward made the next game in the Call of Duty franchise official earlier today. Call of Duty: Ghosts was jointly announced via Twitter alongside the launch of a Facebook fan page and...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,717   +873

Seems like a post apocalypse type game.
  3. KG363

KG363 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

Ghost is one of the recurring SAS character. He has the white skull on the ski mask.
  4. Littleczr

Littleczr TechSpot Booster Posts: 368   +68

I don't like the call of duty franchise. But if they take advantage of pc graphic cards I will take a serious look.
  5. I'd bet it's the same dated game engine pushed to the limit for the next-gen console compared to the previous release that was pushed to the limit for the current console. And around they go to rake in millions and snatch GOTY awards.
  6. yRaz

yRaz TechSpot Booster Posts: 857   +75

It better be DirectX 11. Can't imagine why it wouldn't. Cod is the biggest title in gaming as much as it pains me to say it. It would only make sense that it would showcase all the abilities of the Xbox. I do have a feeling though that even if the 720 has a dx11 card it still won't be powerful enough to take advantage of all dx 11 features. I don't care how efficiently you can code for it, it just isn't that powerful.
  7. soldier1969

soldier1969 TechSpot Booster Posts: 244   +43

No thanks I'll stick with my current gen PC which already outshines the next gen consoles. i7 @ 4.5, 16gb ram, 2 x gtx 680s in sli 4gb each, 2560 x 1600 display.
  8. JC713

It may have destruction, but it doesnt mean DX11, just like Battlefield: Bad Company 2:
    Plus 60FPS @ 1080P vs the next gen consoles' 30fps @ 1080P.
  9. mrcavooter

mrcavooter TechSpot Member Posts: 65   +7

Another COD I won't play, brilliant!
    hammer2085 likes this.
  10. JC713

Yeah, BO2 isnt fun anymore. The first few months were fun, but then it went downhill fast. This is the same with all cods. They are released and are fun, but then they go downhill. It will be the same with Ghost probably. I still enjoy MW2 and MW3 though, they are just too hacked.
  11. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,384   +607

I was wondering when you'd remind me of your specs! I haven't seen them in a long time.

JC713 I thought BC2 did run in DX11 mode? Although not with very many DX11 implementations.

12. JC713

Some people didnt have the hardware for DX11, so it wasnt widely used, but you are right! My bad.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.