Call of Duty

Status
Not open for further replies.

olefarte

Just wondering if anybody has tried the new "Call of Duty" demo. I downloaded it last night, 175 MB. To me, it plays kind of like Medal of Honor: Allied Assualt, at least the demo is the same sort of mission. Graphics not to bad, but I think the sound is not on par with MOHAA, at least in the demo. I miss the booming explosions and rifle shots rumbling out of my subwoofer, maybe when the game comes out, this will be better.

All in all, it looks pretty good to me. The demo was all to short and I wish I had the whole game.

I have heard very good things about Call of Duty. I do hope it's a good game, the squad based combat looks fantastic. As much as I'd like the demo, I haven't played it yet.

From what I heard the development team (infinityward) are some or all of the team that worked on MOHAA. That means we can pretty much be assured of the same quality of sound and gameplay as we enjoyed in MOH! :D

I know the graphics and the way the shadows were done look, not quite light years, but a fair bit behind HL2 and Doom III in terms of graphic/eye candy goodness but the game play is solid and addictive and you really feel like your working with the squad. Kinda like being in an episode of band of brothers. Now if the sound is as good as MOHAA and the ending isn't as abrupt and to be honest, a little bit of a let down, then we can look forward to some WWII goodness ;)

Hey, Olefarte, I played the demo several times. I really like that game. I hear they have it running a lot easier than the final release to kinda ease people into the game. I plan on buying it.

Oh and a linkie for others...

http://www.callofduty.com/

I've played thru it several times myself. I'll say one thing about it, the AI seems to be better than most games I have played. At least your buddies do more than just stand around in the way. They actually help out a little.

I know I'm looking forward to it, that's my kind of game. When is it being released, I think sometime this month?

Call of Duty will be released at the beginning of November.

Call of Duty is basically put together like Medal of Honor (you -could- call it a Medal of Honor game really) with MUCH MORE going on around you. They want you to feel the war with the other soldiers.... not by yerself, this is the biggest change in it and really opens it up. You might as well say that the people that are making this game have really delved into the two movies, "Saving Private Ryan" and "Band of Brothers" because they incorporate ALOT of things from the two I noticed.

For example, on the demo.. when you start the game, run up into the field as FAST as you can and let a mortar hit yer character.. it won't kill him, but it will STUN him and the noises around you will fade dramatically and the screen gets alittle blurry, and the game goes into slow motion.. In Saving Private Ryan at the beginning, they do the SAME thing when Tom Hanks gets off the boat and is staring around blankly at all the chaos going on... same blurred noise effect and everything... and they ALSO do this effect in Band of Brothers when one of the soldiers gets close to blown away in the Battle of Carentan.

I would suggest that you watch these two movies, then play Medal of Honor's GREAT series of games and see just how much alike they are since Allied Assault.

Call of Duty is sure to be a big hit when it hits the store shelves this Fall. I'm definately picking it up :)

There is a new Call of Duty demo out. It's kind of hard to get right now, but I got mine at http://www.alfagames.net/CallofDuty.zip It was a fast download, every place else was bogged down. It plays like the last demo, except this one is the daytime, I think the other one was in the dark. It appears to start about where the last one left off. It's about 160 Mb.

Edit: Thought I'd add, when you click on that link, wait, be patient, it took a LONG time for the download box to come up. But once it started it was very fast. I checked all the other usual spots to download and they were all really busy.

This game is awesome! I have played the MOH series before, and i really love Call of Duty much better. Oh God, finally i'll be buying a game, for it's worth the 50 bucks! :p

Originally posted by jusane
This game is awesome! I have played the MOH series before, and i really love Call of Duty much better. Oh God, finally i'll be buying a game, for it's worth the 50 bucks! :p

It hits stores October 29th. So be ready to pick it up. This game has a crap load of anticipation. I LOVED Medal of Honor. Yes MOH has grown sad in the eyes of SOME in terms of upgraded patches and support, but it was an outstanding WWII title.

Call of Duty is sure to raise the level of gaming and action. :)

http://www.callofduty.com

Does anybody know if this game is on sale yet? I've checked online at Best Buy, CompUSA, and Walmart, and they all say available around Nov. 4 or 6. I thought it was out yesterday on the 29th. Was going to get it on Sat.

Call Of Duty was on store shelves last Wednesday. I picked it up and have been playing it since. It completely eclipses MOHAA. Every level is scripted beyond belief and if u have the memory...make sure you set Dead Bodies to Insane...and just watch them pile up...it's truly insane. And the surround sound works terrific, set it to EAX3...
After getting to the Sniper Town in MOHAA and realizing that I just don't appreciate being treated like that...Call of Duty is a breath of fresh air...
Imagine the MOHAA Omaha beach level....and make an entire game with the same intensity...never stopping, never letting go. You will sweat in your chair.....pretty cool if u ask me. Have fun.

Now the question is....do I go out with this hot *** girl tonight, or cancel and play Call of Duty all night???

I'm such a nerd.

Not many girls worth caring about will stick around after being blown off for a video game. It took me 15 years of dating to find a woman who is smart, hot and gets excited when I frag Nazis.

hehehe, well I never said I would tell the "real" reason I had to cancel....I do have this scratch in my throat so it would only be a slight twist of the truth.....

I've met zero women who are willing to stand by and be my personal cheerleader as I win dozens of simulated wars! But there's one out there, there's GOT to be....

bahahahaha.

Give up looking- I've got her and I'm goofy-happy and I'm shopping for rings!

she does have a sister though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back