Calling all u folks with digi cams-->gift ideas

Surkitz

wanting a digi cam for christmas so need a little input

first...
ive dont some searching on the intarweb and narrowed down some choices. to begin i really wanted the cannon digital rebel xt SLR but the price is kinda out of ol santa's reach. plus it is somewhat of a professionals camera and well, ive never messed with a digi cam, much less an expensive camera. i decided to step back a little and look into the cannon A510 and A520 series to start off with. as you can tell, im a little biased to cannon and would prefer it but i am open to other brands.

good shutter speed
pic quality
pic settings
zoom etc

thanks

your pal
"stewy"

Canon pics

I bought a Canon A75 Powershot last year before Christmas. It's a great little point-and-shoot camera. The A510 is the same, either just re-named, or slightly upgraded. Many, many settings, will take movies w/ sound, and, even though it's only 3.2 Mp, with the right settings, you can print 8x10's without much quality loss. 4x6's are beautiful. I highly recommend it; Fry's had 'em last week for 175 USD, they are usually between that and 200. I'm partial to Canon as well. The link below has some photos (ignore 2, you'll know which), but check out the sunset. Unretouched, taken off my front porch last January here in Vegas. I used AUTO setting! so I could shoot a quick string. Good luck on your search. :wave: Has optical + digital zoom; 3.8x,4.8x,6.0x,7.4x, and 10x. Also- lens can be interchanged ( though upgrades ain't cheap!)

http://photobucket.com/albums/d159/hewybo/?sc=1

Check out the Fuji Finepix s7000 HERE

This is a superb digital slr camera that can be used for all types of photography. It is fairly easy to use, and has lots of great features. It can be found for a really good price, since there are now newer models available.

Regards Howard :)

the lousy sunset and the poorly set workstation, of course. Pay attention only to the obvious Pulitzer winner entitled "brilliant!"

Dunno if you alrady bought one.. but the Rebel is a good choice :) It's kinda the home user version of the Canon 10D that I have... to be honest not much missing off the rebels except Iso ratings. The new Rebel is better pixels than my 10 D which I have had a few years.. so the quality will be awesome.

Only thing I would advice with any of the DSLR's is buy a filter to protect your lens. It's a lot cheaper to replace a $20 filter if you scratch it :) either a UV or a polariser will do for protection just ask the store to explain the difference and see which suits your situation best.

They aren't cheap but they are a nice camera and if you aren't a big photographer.. don't worry they come with a very good auto everything selector :)

Anyone who is looking to buy a DSLR but isnt seriously a photographer.. you should also check out the lowepro backpack camera cases, they are great and a lot less cumbersome to cart around than tradional style camera cases. The newer ones even come with space for the laptop.. for all the geeky photographers :)

I actually got a cannon a520 for christmas

i wanted a rebel but the price is not within my means right now and im just a beginner with cameras in general. its a good little camera for me to start with though. lots of features. thanks for your input. by the way nice sig pic =). is that you?

WIPp said:
Dunno if you alrady bought one.. but the Rebel is a good choice :) It's kinda the home user version of the Canon 10D that I have... to be honest not much missing off the rebels except Iso ratings. The new Rebel is better pixels than my 10 D which I have had a few years.. so the quality will be awesome.

Only thing I would advice with any of the DSLR's is buy a filter to protect your lens. It's a lot cheaper to replace a $20 filter if you scratch it :) either a UV or a polariser will do for protection just ask the store to explain the difference and see which suits your situation best.

They aren't cheap but they are a nice camera and if you aren't a big photographer.. don't worry they come with a very good auto everything selector :)

Anyone who is looking to buy a DSLR but isnt seriously a photographer.. you should also check out the lowepro backpack camera cases, they are great and a lot less cumbersome to cart around than tradional style camera cases. The newer ones even come with space for the laptop.. for all the geeky photographers :)

lol .. last time I looked it was me .. but I'll double check and get back to you in the morning. :D by then I'll probably say no.. cos I always look like a swamp monster first thing :zzz:

oh pishh

hmmm, well i think we all don on the "swamp monster" thing in the mornin's. it gives us character.. lol

Good Mornin.. well in that case ... I have a LOT of character this morning :) Just as well it's sunday and I dont have to go out to get the mail :D

Back