Camcorder info

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptitterington

I am seriously thinking about buying a digital camcorder but am having trouble finding info about what I will need, Manufactures are good at telling the plus points but not the negative.

Ideally I will be taking family pics to keep and embaress the kids when they are older.

I have a 4yr old simy 8mm hi8 analog which works fine but it is a pain transferring to video, any editing and without purchasing more kit I cannot put on PC.

The new camcorders appear to be compact and able to take stills.
Any recommendations. The Canon MV500/500i look suitable.
Will i need to buy 3rd party editing software of is the Movimaker in xp useable.
What method of transfer should I be looking at I do not have firewire or usb2. Is this necessary?

Anyone with experience bad or good your comments appreciated.
I have seen some very compressed filming transferred onto cd and the quality was still better than my analogue camcorder.

I posted here because I presumed Video/audio was more card orientated.

One thing I usually do when I want to buy a new technology product is register at www.consumerreports.org
It is only 3 dollars a month and you can research the good the bad and the ugly about a lot of things. Just what I do.
I don't have a digital camera I can recommend you however, but this might help make your decision.

Post back as to whether it was helpful or not. So others might see the value of it so they can weigh their options better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back