TechSpot

Can´t load WAN miniport drivers

By Aztlan
Jan 17, 2005
  1. OK I´ve been loosing sleep hours tryting to fix this problem but won´t have much time as I start classes tomorrow. To the best of my knowledge my PC was working fine untill I installed a windows security update (I think it was for the blaster virus) I proceded to play Madden 2005 and during the game my pc froze. I tried bringing up task manager but couldn´t, after some time I reluctantly rested my pc, after taking a bit longer to start up windows it told me it could not load the TCP/IP driver. This causes my norton email verification to fail as well as my network connection. This is what I´ve tried so far:

1. Checked my network card (Realtek 8139), its securly screwed and the light is on.
    2. My Netgear router is working (I´m using the other pc to write this).
    3. Tried the windows repair from the recovery console, defrag and scandisk (btw my HD is partioned) but the drivers still didn´t load.
    4. Can´t unnistall the drivers because widows tells me they are needed for boot up, I also reinstalled/updated them but nothing happened.
    5. Googled code: 39 which is what my device manager says the error is and followed the instructions to edit my registry and that didn´t work either.
    6. I´ve also used windows in safe mode and last known config that worked but the error still appears.

The memory dumped screen has come up a couple of times also forcing me to reset. Sorry if this post is a bit long I´m new to this forum and don´t know which info can be relevant to fixing this problem.

oh, this are my specs:
    Win XP Pro SP1
    Pentium Celeron 2Ghz
    512 Ram
    MSI 533 motherboard

any help is appreciated

2. ManyVoicesOfMe

ManyVoicesOfMe TS Rookie Posts: 29

Ok, so if you want to try and reinstall the TCP/IP driver, try this.

Go to "Add/Remove Prgrams". Then click the "Add/Remove Windows Components" thing. Then uncheck networking services, apply the settings, restart, then do it all over again, obly this time check the box to install the networking servies.

[​IMG]

3. Aztlan

Aztlan TS Rookie Topic Starter

manyvoices,

I tried that in one of my reinstalling attempts (didn´t check device manager to see if they where gone) but I couldn´t reinstall them as "the simple tcp/ip could not be started, device will not be actived" or somethig like that. I downloaded the drivers from the realtek website to update my current drivers but they´re still not loading.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.