TechSpot

Can any of you guys help? My PC will not start. Does not enter BIOS. No beeps.

By Bivvyfox
Oct 13, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My PC will not start. Does not enter BIOS. No beeps.

The CD ROM and hard drive power up.

How can I test whether it is the board, the memory, the processor, or the PSU? I have no one to swap components with. Is the processor the most likely cause?

I have checked that everything is plugged in right (I built it myself). Socket A system.

I have no idea what to do and cannot afford a professional.

Can anyone help?
  2. Spazzmatic

Spazzmatic TS Rookie

sounds like power supply, i would get a power supply tester, you can find them for under $20
  3. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

Easiest way to test a psu is to short the green wire to any black, it should fire up, if not, its faulty!!!

Also, remove your mobo from the case and make sure there are no brass spacers that don't align with a hole!! Make %100 sure you have connected the power switch correctly. Remove and refit all cards and ram!!!

If none of that helps then let me know and i will do my best to help further!!!
  4. snipesgg

snipesgg TS Rookie

hi

thnx for answer
  5. snipesgg

snipesgg TS Rookie

help

thnx rik but again the same
  6. Rik

Im not quite sure what you mean there snipesgg?
  7. snipesgg

snipesgg TS Rookie

problem with my pc

ok rik my pc not starts no beep grafic card is ok hard disk is ok procesor is ok i dont know what to do
  8. Rik

It would probably be best if you started your own thread and described your symptoms and any error meaasges as accurately as possible.
    You should list what you have already tried.
    You should also list all the information about your pc.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.