Can anyone help me with this adobe issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Error 1402.Could not open key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL.Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

It is on my sister's computer and I can't get it to go. The adobe flash just won't install.

I know about google my good man. I tried all.
I have checked for virus, and uninstalled and also used the uninstaller. I am running out of options.

I've had this happen. Very easy to fix this issue. The issue is with the hidden folders where Microsoft Application Data files are store under user name or users. Before software get installed part of the process is store on a hidden folder. You need to enable hidden folder so you go in the folder path listed above and remove Adobe from there. Same goes for a lot of browsers and etc. have this same issue. The only way its going to work.

I have done that but may have missed a folder. Do you know of all the folders that need to be checked once I enable hidden folders?

Interesting info there, if you build a system or install the OS there is a default Admin and the first person who logs in should be the Admin secondary. I don't know if the OP has it setup that way or does his sister have Admin rights to allow the software to install. So much errors with these MSI and other installers that do not install correctly. I would remove the folder then run a a deep uninstaller for software application, then run Registry fixer/cleaner CCleaner or IOBIT Advance System Care or even WinAsshampoo 6 can even go deeper and remove stuff. Either you do it manually like is quoted on the Adobe site. Just be careful.

This is the only thing that won't allow an install. It was on there before but when a new one started installing that is when it happened. I am telling her that she should just reinstall the os and have a brand new running machine again.

This is the only thing that won't allow an install. It was on there before but when a new one started installing that is when it happened. I am telling her that she should just reinstall the os and have a brand new running machine again.

Which OS is it? You never said? Did you run scan for pest on the system? Another thing you could do for her is go under the Admin or create a new Admin and see if you can install it under that Admin name. If not then delete her profile. Prior to backup her files though, desktop icons, history, cookies, and favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back