TechSpot

can anyone help!!

By shin000bi
Jul 4, 2006
  1. hi all, i dont know what seems to be the problem. can anyone help me and solve my it with your expertise..
    my network connection is enable and at 100mbps. but when i browse at the internet it says page cannot be displayed. so i go to network connections tcp/ip and properties. i switch to use following ip address. and put on my wireless device ip which is 169.254.1.1, sub mask 255.255.0.0 and default gateway to 169.254.1.2. when i go to cmd ipconfig it matches all the info i put on. then i tried pinging the ip address and it replys to me with 0% loss but when i ping my default gateway it replies with destination host unreachable 100%loss...

i tried to go to network trouble shooter and i selected the option to scan my connections. my default gateway failed but my ip address passed. can understand the problem of this i even tried updating my adapter its realtek rtl8139/810x family pci fast ethernet nic. i borrowed my friends laptop and tried the same process when i ping the the ip and default gateway it replies with 0% loss.

2. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Posts: 716

Perhaps contact your internet service provider. This will be the quikest and easiest solution since they will know most about it.

Good luck,

Regards,

Korrupt

3. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,018

your not using a lan ip for inside network
    there are 3 set type of lan address numbers
    10.1.1.0--100
    192.168.1.1---255
    172.16.1.1---255
    mask can be change

4. shin000bi

shin000bi TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks for the reply guys. so what do you think that i should do. my isp took so long to come and im really frustrated with them. and i even called a couple of times.

5. shin000bi

thanks for the reply guys. so what do you think, what should i do??? my isp took so long to come and im really frustrated with them. and i even called a couple of times.

6. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,348   +622

you didn't describe your ISP connection (dial-up,cable,dsl) and/or if you have
    a router.

The primary issue is to be sure you have DHCP enabled for both your
    IP-Address and DNS service.

use ipconfig /all to discover your current settings

7. shin000bi

thanks guys.. i have solved the problem. i only reinstalled my tcp/ip. and restarted my pc. im back on the air. thanks.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.