Can database be retrieved?

randyhawk

i am part od management of taxi despatch company engage in despatch bussiness, but due to nag and various problem with our software we decided to go with another company and changed our software, now our problem is that all our database like all addresses and names of customer is in old system and previous company refused to provide us information even that we are willing to pay for it,,,is there any company or facility which can retrieve our vital information

• Do you or someone in your company manage the database?
  • Or has this old company been the ones to manage it?
  • What kind of database is it (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)?

Forgive me if I am not understanding your posts correctly, but you may just be able to configure the new software to point to your existing database.

Do you have access to the database or no?

As ITGuy said, we need to know what kind of database it is as well.

Is the "Old System" even about anymore? Or has the new system just overwritten the entire old system.?

Before updating to the new system, someone should have suggested backing up any old data (also a backup in some type of readable format without needing the old system to open it again)

You did backup first?

no the new system is new and has got diffrerent machines, its totally different and second no body has got access to data base in our company

So no one is doing backups?

I'd suggest turn on the old system again and work out how to back it up (or export or whatever the save data externally option is)

there is no option for that....for this you have to understand how our system works
this is taxi diapatch company
we take call from differant addresses which are connected with there telephone numbers
next times when a calltaker takes a call the address pops out on his screeen when telephone number is same
so its easy, he does not have to type all address
and that saves time
i hope you got this

If the old systems are still available AND the software stored the data on it, then
there's a chance. Was there only ONE computer?

If you had a subscription service and the data was stored by them, you can go back
to that service.

Back