Can GDDR3 fit for my mother board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul05

Hi,
My motherboard is asrock....yes, since its cheap ^_^..

http://www.asrock.com/product/product_939Dual-SATA2.htm

And I'm planning to buy a 7800 GT 256mb PCI-e eVGA on Newegg, when I look on the descrition it said GDDR3...and I don't know if my mother can support it even though I have a PCI-e slot, my current video card is 6600 GT 256mb MSI DDR...
Can anyone tell me if this new 7800 gt fit on my slot if I replace my 6600? Because I don't want to mess anything up after buying it; like it doesn't fit after my purchase...

Thanks alot

That is the type of memory on the graphics card, it has nothing to do with the mobo. That card will work if you have a PCI Express x16 slot available.

Wow...I understand now
do you know where I can buy that thing( I don't know what it's called) but its when you want to SLI it up, it require that little chip? that connect the two graphic card...I hope you know what I'm saying...yea, what is the name of the thing?

Thanks again :eek:

well yea... I'm just saying for example, if I have a motherboard that can SLI, does it include in it? if not then where can I buy the little chip that connect the two video card up? what does it called?

If you just want to replace your 6600GT with a 7800GT and your board has a PCI-e slot, then it will work fine. You don't need a bridge for SLI since you'll only be running a single video card. You would need an SLI motherboard and two of the same video cards to run SLI.

Make sure you power supply is powerful enough.

JMMD said:
You would need an SLI motherboard and two of the same video cards to run SLI.

I understand what you're trying to say but where can I get the "chip" that can SLI both of the same video card up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back